Green Bean and Egg Salad with Garlic Parmesan Vinaigrette – A simple salad of green beans, eggs and bacon tossed with an amazing Garlic Parmesan Vinaigrette. This is Spring in a salad bowl!
And something to help you out with all those hard boiled eggs today!
Hey there, friends! Happy Sunday! To those celebrating, Christ is Risen! Happy Easter!
How was brunch? Did you go to Church? What did you wear? Who did you see? I’m nosy.
Aren’t Sundays the best?! Especially Easter Sunday? Brunching, family-ing, egg hunting, celebrating… I hope you’re all enjoying every bit of it!
While thinking about all those colored eggs that you might have on hand, I thought this was the perfect time to share one of my favorites; a Green Bean and Egg Salad with Garlic Parmesan Vinaigrette.
Can I just say how amazing this is? There is no way to make this recipe sound as seriously delicious as it is. And yes, I know. It’s just a salad. BUT it’s not JUST a salad. It’s more than that. If I could only ever make one salad for the the rest of forever, I would choose this baby. Yeah.
But anyways. I just love food with bacon and eggs. Tossing both of those with some green beans and a spring mix salad?!? Welcome to the party. It’s been healthified.
All things considered, the Garlic Parmesan Vinaigrette is probably the best component in here. I kind of wish it was a soup so I could slurp it up straight from the bowl. That would be magical.
Speaking of – you may find yourself adding a bit more parmesan cheese than you might expect, but it’s for a good cause. Your taste buds will love you.
Now go crack some eggs – we have a salad to make.
Craving more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered to your inbox! Follow Diethood on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest recipes and updates.
Green Bean and Egg Salad with Garlic Parmesan Vinaigrette
- 6 cups Spring Mix Lettuce
- 1/2- pound fresh green beans , trimmed
- 6 hard boiled eggs , sliced
- 6 slices bacon , cooked to a desired crisp, crumbled
- 1 small red onion , thinly sliced
- 1 cup croutons
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- Place lettuce in a large salad bowl. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil; add green beans and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; drain and rinse with cold water for 1 minute, or until cold.
- Add green beans to salad.
- Top with sliced eggs, crumbled bacon, sliced onions and croutons; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine parmesan cheese, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, dijon mustard, garlic, salt and pepper; whisk until thoroughly combined.
- If you want a thinner consistency, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water and continue to whisk until blended.
- Add dressing to salad; toss to combine.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.