If by some chance you catch me watching an NFL game, it’s probably because the Chicago Bears are playing. However, sometimes I make the mistake in watching the Packers win, or better yet, lose! *Hi Cheeseheads!* 😉
But I am so glad I tuned in this past Monday because I got to see that “Hail Mary” pass. This was the one and only time that I stood behind the Packers. I mean, come on! It was clearly in the hands of the defender; I couldn’t believe that they awarded Tate with a touchdown.
Dear fill-in Refs,
Glad you are out and looking for another job.
If you don’t know what I’m talking about, click here.
Thank goodness I had this pumpkin hummus dip to get me through it all.
By the way, repeat after me, DA BEARS!
When you think of pumpkin, you probably think of pies, muffins, even lattes. In other words, you think of pumpkin as something sweet. A dessert of sorts. Allow me to introduce you to the other side of pumpkin. Pumpkin puree with chickpeas, yogurt, and parmesan cheese. And lime juice. And garlic. All put through your food processor and done in 5 minutes. Cut up some dipping veggies, layer a bunch of crackers, take a seat on the couch and dip away as you watch the next football game. Or Real Housewives of Wherever marathon – my guilty pleasure.
Pumpkin Hummus Dip
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 can (16 oz) garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 1 cup 100% pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 small limes , juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Turn on the food processor fitted with the steel blade and drop the garlic down the feed tube; process until it's minced.
- Add in the garbanzo beans and process until the beans are coarsely pureed.
- Pour in the pumpkin puree, yogurt and shredded parmesan cheese and give it a whirl, just enough to mix it all together.
- Add the lime juice, salt, and pepper and process until well incorporated.
- Taste for seasoning and see if you want to add more salt, pepper, or even lime juice.
- Serve with vegetables and crackers.
WW SmartPoints: 2