Mediterranean Seven-Layer Dip Salad – A fantastic Mediterranean Seven Layer Dip with garlic hummus, yogurt, artichokes, olives, feta cheese and more. The perfect salad dip for parties, picnics and family get-togethers.
THIS is what a “Mediterranean’s” everything-BUT-the-kitchen-sink-dip looks like. Spoiler alert – this is delicious!
Heeey, guys! Our dear friend Fridaaaaay is hurrr! A round of applause is due just because, uhmmm, again, it’s Friday. And the weekend, and bbq-ing, and surfing in the USA… the good life.
Wanna talk about fresh ingredients, healthy ingredients, damn good for you ingredients?!
Good! We’re on the same page, buubuu!
Truth be told, I’m hoping that awesome, health-ified dips and salads will help ease us back into bikini shape, because right now?? Only a whale would agree with me prancing around on his turf in a two-piece, m’kay?
No worries, though. We’ll be back in the game real soon, just follow my lead. But, word of advice, look the other way when I’m chomping down on a slice of Strawberry Shortcake Cake. Ain’t nothin’ that could stop me from eating cake. And ice cream.
So I’m not a rice cake eater. Well, unless it’s those cinnamon-apple rice cakes, then, yes, I AM a rice cake eater, however I will eat 4 in one sitting. Pretty sure that’s not how they were meant to be used, I know, but that’s why rice cakes are not in my summer-bod plan. But, the food I grew up on definitely IS.
Because my dear friends over at STAR Fine Foods totally believe in my Mediterranean-way, they are sponsoring this post and I can’t thank them enough! When you have a chance, please hop over there and have a look. Their products are super amazing.
SO. What do ya say? Shall we make a Seven Layer Dip the Mediterranean way?
It starts where most good things start around here… with hummus, with extra virgin, extra awesome Olive Oil, with yogurt, Cara Mia artichoke hearts, olives, feta, tomatoes… you know, the makings of greatness.
Where I come from, garlic is thy medicine, so naturally, garlic hummus is how we start.
The next God-sent ingredient is and always will be yogurt. We swear by this stuff. A cup a day keeps our doctor away.
Then it’s a layer of my lovely Cara Mia Artichokes. Lemony, nutty, acidy… mmmm! I could eat the jar.
Our next star is a layer of delicious black olives, then a layer of lettuce, a layer of tomatoes, a thick layer of feta, and TADAAA! A sprinkle of olive oil on top and DIG IN!
See? That’s our everything-BUT-the-kitchen-sink in a bowl! Seven layers of a charming dip served with toasted garlic bread… This feels pretty great.
Make it for your family, make it for yourself, make it for the weekend. Memorial Day, too. Take the measures of ingredients as a starting point, but layer as much or as little as you want. Lord knows I’d double it.
STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil is available at retailers nationwide including Safeway, Kroger, Vons, Albertsons, Food 4 Less, Save Mart, Target, Walmart, Schnucks, Food Lion, Stater Bros., Raley’s, Smart & Final, Bashas, King Soopers, Vallarta, Jewel, Smith’s, Dierbergs, HEB and Ralphs and online at http://bit.ly/StarEVOO.
Cara Mia Artichokes in Water are available at select Raley’s, Safeway, Save Mart, Winco, Schnucks, Ralphs, Fred Meyer, King Soopers, Shop n Save, Stater Bros., Smart & Final, Vons, Bashas, Walmart stores and online at http://bit.ly/MarinatedArtichoke. Look for them in the canned vegetable aisle or produce section.
Craving more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered to your inbox! Follow Diethood on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest recipes and updates.
- 1 can (16-ounces) garbanzo beans, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste (if you don't have tahini paste, you don't have to use it)
- 3 garlic cloves
- fresh lemon juice from 1 whole lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 2 tablespoons water
- Prepared Hummus Dip
- 1 cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 1 jar (14.75-ounces) Cara Mia Artichoke Hearts in Water
- 1 cup sliced low sodium black olives
- 6 to 8 cups Romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 cups sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 container (4-ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Toasted garlic bread slices for serving
- Place all Hummus Dip ingredients in a food processor; process for 2 minutes, scrape down the sides and continue to process until smooth and thoroughly combined, about 4 minutes. If you like a thinner hummus, add 1 more tablespoon water and process it until combined.
- Spoon prepared Hummus into a deep salad bowl or trifle bowl.
- Add yogurt over hummus.
- Layer artichoke hearts over the yogurt.
- Add sliced black olives.
- Layer lettuce leaves over olives; add tomatoes and feta cheese.
- Sprinkle with a bit of extra virgin olive oil (optional) and serve with toasted garlic bread slices.
- Keep refrigerated.
You can make the Dip a few hours ahead of time, but keep it refrigerated and don't add the olive oil to the top of the lettuce until ready to serve.
Thank You, STAR Fine Foods, for sponsoring this post. All opinions are always 100% my own.