Garlic Parmesan Blue Cheese Crackers – Irresistible homemade cheese crackers rolled in crunchy sesame seeds.
OH! Hey! It’s Monday!
…because you really needed ME to tell you that… the alarm clock going off at 5:30 a.m. wasn’t enough of a clue…
How are you, friends? How was the weekend?
I went out! YAY! I Saw my besties, had some drinks, loaded up on gossip… I also inhaled some cheese fries and a huge garden salad. Balance.
I also loaded up on these crackers before taking on the town.
IF there is one other thing I know to be true about me is that I will eat a certain food over and over and over again until one day when I finally decide to let it go and get addicted to something else.
Right now I am crushing on homemade cheese crackers. In all honesty, I’m always crushing on crackers, but it’s these Blue Cheese ones that I am currently addicted to.
Sidenote: Have you tried my Chocolate Crackers? BE.YOND.
Sidenote Deux: Do you know how long it took me to finally settle on “Blue” and not “Bleu”? A LONG time. Apparently, either one is correct. One is French, the other is English. Duh.
I figured it’s finally time to share some savory crackers with you, again, because it’s been YEARS since we last talked about those Rosemary and Garlic Crackers. …looks like those were also garlicky … I might have a slight obsession with garlic, but what better way to eat crackers than with lotsa garlic, and parm cheese, and sesame seeds… AND LOVE! “Love” is my secret ingredient. Always.
This recipe is an adaptation of my Mom’s Feta Crackers.
Since I think you and I have had enough of Feta around here, I threw in some Blue Cheese instead. Parmesan, too. And garlic. My hands still smell… TMI? Meh.
I kept the crunchy sesame seeds because they happen to be my favorite part. They add a beautiful, nutty flavor to these crispy, cheesy crackers.
Bonus? Your food processor does all the work.
Another great thing about this recipe is that you can freeze the dough for up to a month. That gives you plenty of time to get these babies ready for your Holiday parties! You can add whatever cheeses you want, take out the garlic, add some rosemary, thyme, whatever your sweet heart desires. Make it your own. I ain’t mad atch’ya.
Garlic Parmesan Blue Cheese Crackers
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tub (4-ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 6 tablespoons cold butter cut into pieces
- 4 tablespoons cold water , divided
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds (you can also use walnuts, pecans, etc...)
- Combine flour, salt, garlic and parmesan cheese in your food processor.
- Pulse on and off until well combined.
- Add blue cheese and butter; pulse until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add 2 tablespoons water while machine is running.
- Run the food processor until dough holds together. If too dry, add 1 more tablespoon water.
- Transfer dough to a working area and shape dough into a log about 2-inches in diameter.
- Wrap in aluminum foil and freeze for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Remove dough from freezer and unwrap; set aside.
- Combine egg and remaining 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl and lightly whisk until just combined.
- Generously brush the dough with egg wash.
- Roll or sprinkle the dough with sesame seeds.
- Cut into 1/4-inch rounds.
- Place on previously prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the tops of the crackers with the remaining egg wash.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on wire racks.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.