Baked Feta Cheese Dip in a Bread Ring is prepared with delicate, buttery rolls baked to perfection around a warm, savory feta cheese dip. It’s amazing!
Bread Ring Cheese Dip
Get ready to wow your family and friends with our warm Feta Bread Ring Cheese Dip. It’s more than just a cheesy dip – it’s a crowd-pleasing centerpiece! Soft, buttery bread rolls baked around a bubbling feta and tomato dip, seasoned just right with a mix of tasty herbs. 😋 It’s a fun, hands-on appetizer that lets everyone grab a roll and dig right in.
Whether you’re heading to a holiday get-together or hanging out with friends, this bread ring cheese dip will surely be a huge hit. Prepare for lots of ‘Yums!’ and ‘Can I get this recipe?’ comments!
Why You Should Make This Recipe
- Indulgent yet Simple: This recipe combines the indulgence of warm, melted cheese with the simplicity of readily available ingredients.
- Interactive Eating: This Bread Ring Cheese Dip is a fun, interactive dish that’s great for sharing. Everyone gets to pull apart their own piece of the bread ring, adding to the communal dining experience.
- Holiday Party Hero: Heading to a holiday dinner party? Rather than bringing a standard casserole or dessert, impress guests with this inventive, delicious dip. No one has ever complained about a cheesy, warm appetizer, so plan to be the talk of the party!
- Versatile: The recipe can be customized to suit your taste. Swap out feta for brie, add different herbs, or introduce some spicy heat with red pepper flakes.
How To Make A Bread Ring Cheese Dip
- Begin by cutting a (store-bought) pizza dough into approximately 12 pieces, shaping each piece into golf-ball-sized rolls. Next, arrange these rolls around the perimeter of a cast iron skillet and set it aside. Meanwhile, melt the butter, then combine Italian seasoning, dried parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper with the melted butter. Stir these ingredients until they’re well mixed.
- Brush the prepared butter mixture onto the rolls. To prevent the dough from occupying too much space in the center of the skillet, place a small inverted bowl there. After arranging everything, cover the skillet and set it aside for 15 minutes.
- While waiting, mix half of the minced garlic, the tomatoes, oregano, basil, and olive oil in a small mixing bowl, ensuring these ingredients are well incorporated. After the dough has rested, remove the bowl from the cast iron skillet.
- Place half of the feta cheese in the middle of the skillet and sprinkle the remaining garlic over the cheese. Layer the prepared tomatoes over the feta cheese, then add the remaining feta on top of the tomatoes. Sprinkle the ensemble with shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Bake everything in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the rolls are cooked through and the cheese is bubbly. Remove the skillet from the oven and serve the warm Feta Bread Ring Cheese Dip.
At this point, you can sneak in about two rolls + a few spoonfuls of dip and start to pray for willpower because you will want to consume the entire thing all on your own. It won’t even make it out the door, let alone to Nana’s house. 🙃
More Cheese Dips
Bread Ring Cheese Dip
- 1 pound refrigerated pizza dough, (about 1 to 1.5 pounds)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 14 ounces canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese, divided
- ½ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Cut the pizza dough into about 12 pieces and shape them into golf ball-sized rolls.
- Arrange the rolls around the perimeter of a 10-inch cast iron skillet and set aside.
- Melt the butter. To the melted butter, add Italian seasoning, dried parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix until well combined. Brush the rolls with the butter mixture.
- Set a small inverted bowl into the center to keep the dough from spreading; cover and set aside for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine half of the minced garlic, tomatoes, oregano, basil, and olive oil in a small mixing bowl; stir and mix until incorporated.
- Uncover the bread rolls, and remove the bowl from the cast iron skillet.
- Place half of the feta cheese in the middle of the skillet; sprinkle the remaining garlic over the cheese.
- Spoon the prepared tomatoes over the feta cheese.
- Add the remaining feta over the tomatoes; sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the rolls are cooked through and the cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.
- Dough: If it’s store-bought, let it sit at room temperature for a bit before trying to shape it. This makes it easier to handle.
- Cheese: Feta is a star ingredient here, but feel free to use your favorite soft cheeses.
- Baking: Keep an eye on the bread ring during the baking process. If you see that the bread is browning too quickly, but the cheese is not yet melted, you can cover the top with aluminum foil to prevent it from burning.
- Serving: Serve the bread ring right out of the oven for the best gooey, cheesy experience.
- Variations: Feel free to play around with additional fillings – diced bell peppers, olives, or even some crispy bacon could take this to another level.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.