Layered Southwestern Avocado Dip made with a smooth avocado mixture, black beans, sweet corn and tomatoes.
HI, PAL! Happy Sunday!! Hope you are all having a fantastic weekend!
This was our “date-night” weekend, so the hubby and I hit our beautiful city of Chicago and partied like we were 25 again!
Except the fact that we’re not 25, and all the 25-year olds stayed up waaaay later than midnight. We were crying for hangover-food after our 2 drinks. While every other 20-something continued onto the next club, he and I hit up the good ol’ hot dog stand at Weiner’s Circle. Best.DOGS.EVER!
Can I tell you something else that’s real??
The real thing is that you can give me just a hint of an excuse to make a dip of sorts, and I’m totally, 100-percently on the dip-making job. I am a dip-lovah!
On a side note:
Now dip baby dip, come on let’s dip baby dip baby
Dip baby just dip, baby dip baby dip
Just Dip, Cotton Candy sweet and low
let me see that tootsie roll….
So, I found some mushy avocados in the veggie tray and I couldn’t be more excited. For reals. The avo needed like 3 fork-whips and it was ready to be spread on a piece of toast – it was THAT mushy. I moved onto the next avocado – the one that wasn’t as ripe – and made this Southwestern Avocado Dip. OH.MY.GOODNESS!! SO GOOD!
Another real confession? I spooned it into my mouth, sans chips. I looked like a caveman. A barbaric scene, to say the least.
This dip is smooth, yet coarse. Silky, yet chunky. And because I can’t get enough, I’m making it again for Cinco de Mayo. Hope you will, too!
- 2 ripe avocados peeled and pit removed
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground chili powder
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1 tomato diced
- chopped parsley or cilantro, for garnish
- Tortilla Chips, for serving
Combine avocados, sour cream, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper and lime juice in a blender; blend until smooth. If it's too thick, add more sour cream. Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together black beans, sweet corn kernels, and chopped tomato.
- In a serving bowl, layer 1/3 of the black beans mixture; top with 1/3 of the avocado mixture.
- Continue to layer, finishing with black beans mixture on top.
- Garnish with parsley or cilantro.
- Place in refrigerator for 15 to 30 minutes, or until chilled.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 5
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy