Creamy Basil-Avocado Pasta – Quick and light creamy sauce made with basil, avocado, and yogurt, served over your favorite pasta.
If you’re looking for the place where you can find the greenest pasta, you have found it!
sheeesh! Look at all that green! And I just kept adding more! Did we really need the FOUR lime slices in there? Did we need the chopped parsley, too? The basil? Or how about those large parsley leaves on the sides…
Lawwwwd where was I looking? At least I threw in some white parmesan shavings… for contrast? Take notice of the red tomatoes in the background, please. Thanks!
By the way! HAPPY SUNDAY!
Friends, today I am hosting a birthday party for my now 3 year old. I am knee deep in birthday party decorations, cake flour and Margaritas, a.k.a Momaritas. Ain’t no reason to do this without a drink, boo.
How about if I told you 12 kids are about to enter my house?
See! Now you’re thinking why isn’t she downing a pitcher of vodka!
Just kidding! They’re all very sweet… kinda. 😉 I LOVE ’em to pieces!
But, before I head back to the all-things-pink mess, I wanna tell you about this avocado pasta.
You know those times where stuff just works? This is one of those times. I didn’t really know where I was headed when I started making this, but the conversation in my head went something like this: (this is me talking to myself) Hey, you know that really good avocado yogurt dip that you made earlier today? Yeah! The leftovers are in the fridge, so I’m thinking we should thin it out just a bit and throw it over some fettuccine?!? OH! OKAY!
I don’t need much to convince myself.
Really, though. This pasta is completely overloaded with the most delicious mixture of avocado, basil, onion, lime juice and yogurt. It’s pretty much worth each and every carb that ended up on my thighs and then some.
Having said that, this is a beautiful, summery meal that needs to end up on your thighs, too. I mean!!! IT needs to end up on your dinner table soon!!
Now, if you will excuse me, I have a birthday party to throw!
Craving more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for fresh new content delivered to your inbox! Follow Diethood on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest recipes and updates.
- 8 to 12 ounces Fettuccine Pasta
- 1 avocado , peeled and pitted
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 3 green onions , thinly sliced, white parts only
- 1/3- cup cilantro or flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2- cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon water
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- Parmesan shavings (optional)
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the box.
- In the bowl of your food processor combine avocado, basil, onions, cilantro or parsley, lime juice, yogurt, water, salt and pepper; process until creamy and smooth. Set aside.
- Drain cooked pasta; return to pot.
- Stir in the basil-avocado sauce and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Garnish with parmesan shavings.
- Serve immediately.
If the sauce is too thick for your liking, add 1 more tablespoon of water.