Red Pepper Sauce Pasta with Spinach and Feta – A perfect weeknight meal featuring sweet red peppers blended into a delicious and healthy sauce tossed with fettuccine pasta, spinach and feta cheese.
Red Pepper Sauce Pasta with a creamy, savory-sweet red pepper sauce, spinach, and feta cheese. Light, healthy, and simple, yet so, so good and delicious!
Red Peppers + Spinach + Sheep’s Milk White Cheese (Feta) = The flavors of my lovely Macedonia blended into ONE!
Hey Ya! Happy Cyber Monday! Are you shopping, yet? Finding any deals? If you’ve found some killer deals online, please let me know! Tag me on social media, leave a comment, send an email! Especially if it’s 99% less than retail price. Those are the kind of deals I’m looking for.
Wanna know how serious I am about Holiday shopping? Not.at.all. I spent my Black Friday on the couch and not at the stores. They better be giving away things for FREE if they want me to fight those crowds, know whaddamean? Shoot. Watching a Real Housewives marathon was my Black Friday celebration, and I’m good with that.
This post is sponsored by Cara Mia Products! All opinions are always 100% my own.
GRILLED PIQUILLO PEPPERS
Later that day, because I was dying for a taste of Cara Mia’s Hand Grilled Piquillo Peppers, I made a meal out of ’em by throwing them in the blender and making us this silky and flavorful Red Pepper Sauce.
These peppers are hand grilled and have a smokey, distinct taste. Paired with garlic, onions and some herbs, they also make a pretty amazing pasta sauce.
On a scale of WHOA! to WHOOOOOOA!, this pasta dish was WHOOOOOOOOOOOA! Creamy, peppery, garlicky, cheesy…goodness. I can still taste it. It left us speechless. Not because we didn’t have anything to say – oh no, we ALWAYS talk – but because we didn’t want to come up for air.
As always, I think it would be a great idea for you to go and make this as soon as possible. Or as soon as you get your hands on a jar of Cara Mia Hand Grilled Piquillo Peppers.
HOW TO MAKE RED PEPPER SAUCE PASTA
The whole dish comes together in no time, to be quite honest.
- While the pasta is cooking, you’ll grab your peppers, STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil, some sauteed onions, garlic and seasonings, throw ’em in the blender, make the red pepper sauce, and then wait to just toss it all together with the cooked pasta, spinach and feta cheese.
For more information on Cara Mia Products, please check them out on Facebook and Twitter
CARA MIA Piquillo Peppers are available at select Safeway, Vons, Schnucks and Dierbergs stores in the produce section and online at STAR Fine Foods.
STAR EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL is available at retailers nationwide including Safeway, Kroger, Vons, Albertsons, Food 4 Less, Save Mart, Target, Walmart, Schnucks, Food Lion, Stater Bros., Raley’s, Smart & Final, Bashas, King Soopers, Vallarta, Jewel, Smith’s, Dierbergs, HEB and Ralphs stores and ONLINE.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Red Pepper Sauce Pasta with Spinach and Feta
- 12 ounces fettuccine pasta , dry
- 1 jar (14.75 ounces) Cara Mia Hand Grilled Piquillo Peppers , drained
- 3 tablespoons STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil , divided
- 1 yellow onion , thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves , smashed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 bag (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup crumbled fat free feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Place drained piquillo peppers in a blender and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil in a nonstick skillet.
- Add sliced onions, garlic, thyme, salt and ground pepper; cook for 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender.
- Remove from heat and transfer the onion mixture to the blender.
- Add water and blend until completely smooth.
- If too thick, add a tablespoon or two of extra virgin olive oil or water and continue to blend until desired consistency is reached.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Set aside.
- Heat remaining extra virgin olive oil in a skillet.
- Add spinach and cook for 2 minutes, or until wilted.
- Drain pasta and add to skillet with spinach; stir in feta cheese and add as much pepper sauce as you prefer and toss around to combine.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.