One Pot Italian Chicken Tortellini Recipe – A delicious and easy dinner recipe packed with chicken, zucchini, cheese, and tortellini! Get ready for a wonderful, picky-eater approved, 30-minute meal prepared in just one pot!
You guys, my family loved loved loved this meal. Normally, I try to stay away from pastas and lots of cheeses, let alone talk too much about them on Diethood, buuuuut, some things just deserve to be told. That is the case with this One Pot Italian Chicken Tortellini Recipe.
First of all, don’t know if you can recall – probably not and I don’t expect you to – but this recipe came about after I made that Creamy Chicken Pesto Tortellini recipe for us a few months back. Because I was left with several boxes of frozen cheese tortellini, I decided to make something similar to it, but with marinara sauce in place of the creamy pesto sauce + zucchini + all in one pot. And in 30 minutes.
WHAT WE WILL NEED…
- box of frozen cheese tortellini
- cream cheese
- marinara sauce
- chicken broth
- fresh mozzarella
- fresh basil
HOW TO MAKE ONE POT ITALIAN CHICKEN TORTELLINI
- Cut up the chicken into bite sizes and brown on all sides.
- Cut the zucchini into half-moons; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine wine and chicken broth and whisk until incorporated.
- Add marinara sauce and cream cheese to the skillet; whisk until cheese is melted, then stir in the broth mixture.
- Stir in tortellini, zucchini, and chicken; cover and cook for 8 minutes.
- Arrange mozzarella slices over the top, broil for 1 to 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat; garnish with basil ribbons and serve.
Simple, delicious, elegant and quick! One pot dinners can’t get much easier than this. Just several ingredients plus a bit of time, and dinner will be ready in a flash.
- Creamy Tomato One Pot Pasta
- One Pot Creamy Ziti with Andouille Sausage
- Rosemary Garlic Tortellini Alfredo
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE:
One Pot Italian Chicken Tortellini Recipe - A delicious and easy dinner recipe packed with chicken, zucchini, cheese, and tortellini! Get ready for a wonderful, picky-eater approved, 30-minute meal prepared in just one pot!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 12 ounces (about 3) chicken breasts, cut up into bite size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 3 ounces reduced fat cream cheese cut up in chunks
- 2 zucchini sliced into half moons
- 1 box (9 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil ribbons for garnish
Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Add chicken pieces; season with oregano, salt and pepper.
Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until chicken is browned and cooked through.
Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
In a mixing bowl, combine wine and chicken broth; stir until well incorporated.
Add marinara sauce and cream cheese to the skillet; cook over medium-high heat until cheese is melted and everything is well combined.
Slowly whisk in the prepared chicken broth mixture; whisk until incorporated.
Add chicken back in to the skillet; stir in the prepared zucchini and the tortellini.
Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook for 10 to 11 minutes or until pasta is done.
Remove from heat and arrange slices of fresh mozzarella over the top.
Set under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes, or until cheese on top is melted.
Garnish with ribbons of basil.
WW FREESTYLE SMART POINTS: 12
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy