This post is sponsored by STAR FINE FOODS, maker of awesome Olive Oils, Vinegars, olives, glazes, capers, anchovies, onions, and the list goes ON and ON! Thank YOU, friends, for supporting the brands that make Diethood possible!
Rosemary Garlic Tortellini Alfredo – Easy, creamy, garlicky, 30-minute dinner with cheese tortellini and a lightened-up, homemade, flavorful Alfredo sauce.
Delish Delish DELISH! Takes like under 30 minutes. Can I get a what-what!?
I’m trying not to totally lose my face over this tortellini dinner. It’s not even the tortellini. It’s the SAUCE. It’s that delicious creamy rosemary garlic SAUCE.
Oh Hi! hey. How goes it? I hope all is well with everyone! I had a dream last night that I had a baby, so my day is looking a little confused? Still trying to figure out if it was real life or just a dream. Pretty sure it was just a dream – I did a headcount this morning and I have the 2 kids that I know of – but still. You know what I’m talking about, right? Those dang dreams that just seem so dang believable! I’m trying to shake it off…
Uhm, did you see my earlier post? The one where you can WIN $100 dollahs!? GO ENTER! Now.
But first, tortellini. (Or go enter and then come back here for the tortellini…)
Let’s talk about this heavenly Alfredo sauce, please. I think I have bought a jar of Alfredo sauce about 3 or 4 times, and just at the first glob of white sauce that pours out of the jar, I get all yucky and wanna throw it away. It just looks so odd, and Double-Dare-style globby. Good thing it ain’t green.
Anyways. For that reason, I just go ahead and make my own lightened-up, garlicky and darn delicious sauce. And not glob-like, either.
Fun tip on flavoring your sauce? STAR Olive Oil with Fresh Rosemary + 3 garlic cloves. That delicious oil will sizzle, the flour will darken, the milk and broth will smooth it all out, and the parmesan will be added for extra kicks. SO fun!
Also, refrigerated tortellini.
I have to give these guys huge props for bailing me out on those cahrazy busy afternoons. It can be hard to come up with meal ideas on the quick that 1. appeal to everyone and 2. that make themselves. 3. cheese tortellini seems to come through on both points, each time.
This Alfredo Tortellini appeals to pretty much everyone – thank you, Lawd! – and it is vegetarian on its own, but you can add grilled chicken to it and make it all Olive Garden-style.
I think I’ll just go drink the leftover sauce now.
STAR Rosemary Infused Olive Oil is available at select Walmart, Raley’s and Save Mart stores and ONLINE.
Rosemary Garlic Tortellini Alfredo
- 1 (9 to 12 ounces) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons STAR Olive Oil with Fresh Rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3/4 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- chopped fresh rosemary or chopped fresh parsley , for garnish (optional)
- Prepare tortellini according to the directions on the package.
- In the meantime, heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and cook one minute, stirring occasionally, until fragrant.
- Add flour and whisk to combine; continue to whisk and cook for an additional minute to cook the flour.
- Slowly add broth, whisking to combine until smooth.
- Whisk in milk and bring mixture to a boil.
- Continue to cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until thickened.
- Stir in parmesan cheese, salt and pepper; continue to cook and stir until the cheese is completely melted.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Drain tortellini and add them to the skillet with the sauce.
- Stir to combine and continue to cook until heated through; about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with fresh rosemary or fresh chopped parsley and serve.
If sauce is too thick for your liking, or not enough, add a tablespoon of milk at a time until you reach desired consistency.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.