One Dish Chicken Bake – Flavorful chicken baked on a bed of tomatoes and covered in cheese makes for a one-dish dinner the whole family will enjoy.
The best one-dish chicken bake you will ever need! You have your veggies, your protein, AND cheeeese! The beauty behind this flavorful meal is that prep time is only a few minutes. Layer all the ingredients in your prettiest baking dish and let your oven do its thing.
Thank you, Hunt’s, for sponsoring this post. All opinions are 100% my own.
Hey Yo! How are you on this fine Monday-day? Are you Mondaying?! You know… sleepy, coffee carafe in hand, wondering why weekends go by so fast?
I’m totally Mondaying. I’m SO. tired. I had a full house last night, celebrating with friends and family, and now I’m all like, wow. can we do that again?! And not get up when the alarm clock tells me that I should? That’d be nice.
Buuuut on to more important things:
I desperately love a good chicken recipe. I think you know this to be true.
What I REALLY love is a good one pot chicken, that is also beautiful, delicious, and hardly any work is involved. Bonus points if tomatoes and cheese are present, and if said dish is perfect for a Holiday meal. It’s the ultimate dinner.
I’m tempted to tell you that the best part here in this One Dish Chicken Bake Recipe is the bed of tomatoes, all warm and bubbly, but really, the best part is the duo of tomatoes and tender chicken. The entire thing covered with cheese? It kicks it up and just adds a ton of flavor.
For the tomatoes, I used Hunt’s ORIGINAL Diced Tomatoes because, a) I love the size of the already chopped up, perfectly sized tomatoes, and b) their tomatoes come from California farms (USA!), AND they contain 100% natural tomatoes.
To add, they’re made with vine-ripened tomatoes, which is a non-GMO food, and they have no artificial ingredients and no preservatives added. WIN WIN! To add, Hunt’s cans their diced, whole, stewed and crushed tomatoes within hours after harvest.
One more thing? This would look absolutely perfect on your Holiday menu!
HOW TO FREEZE LEFTOVERS
- Let cool completely then transfer to a large freezer bag or an airtight container. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Thaw overnight in fridge.
- TO reheat, place contents in a large pan and cover. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through.
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE:
WATCH HOW TO MAKE ONE DISH CHICKEN BAKE
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) Hunt's Original Diced Tomatoes Hunt's Original Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion , chopped
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 3/4 cup grated gruyere cheese
- chopped fresh parsley , for garnish
Preheat oven to 400F.
- Lightly grease a baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine tomatoes, olive oil, onions, garlic, oregano, Italian seasoning and fresh parsley in a mixing bowl; toss to combine.
- Pour tomato mixture into prepared baking dish. (You can also combine the ingredients inside the baking dish).
- Season chicken with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Place chicken on top of tomatoes; make sure that the chicken is nestled down in the tomatoes so it simmers in the sauce while it cooks.
Bake for 35 minutes, or until sauce bubbles and chicken is done cooking. Chicken is cooked when internal temperature reaches 165F degrees.
Sprinkle with cheese; bake for 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Hunt’s® tomatoes. *Lye peeling is generally recognized as safe by the FDA and has no adverse effects on the healthfulness of tomatoes.