Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce Chicken – Quick, easy and delicious pan-seared chicken with an amazingly flavorful sun dried tomatoes sauce! It’s a 30-minute, one pan meal that you can’t resist!
Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce Chicken with a robust flavor, and a pleasant underlying tang, this is one recipe that makes for incredibly delicious comfort food.
This recipe was originally published on July 13, 2014, and updated with new photos and content on June 28, 2017.
Happy day, pal! Hope you’re having a wonderful summer-week!
For me, if it involves outdoor dining with my beautiful best friends and a couple of wine glasses, it means I had a fantastic week/weekend!
Also? My kids spent the night at my mom’s! AND! I got to sleep in!! And and! I ate ice cream for breakfast!
Don’t be jelly… it only happens like thrice a year. But I’ll take it!
Soooo. Look at that. My chicken-craze continues…
Are you totally sick and tired of seeing chicken-posts?? #sorrynotsorry. No, really, I’m not even a little bit sorry because this Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce Chicken is about to become the best thing you’ve ever had!
Weeeeell, that’s until the next time that I post a recipe and then THAT ONE will be the best thing you’ve ever had.
We gotta talk about this creamy sun-dried tomato sauce chicken. Omg. I didn’t really know where I was going with this or what was going to unfold, but all I knew at that first-bite-moment was that I need to write a cookbook and call it “50 Shades of Chicken”. 😉
It all started on a one unassuming, sunny, summery afternoon… it was last week.
I went to clean the pantry and much to my surprise, I found not one but TWO jars of sun dried tomatoes. I was surprised because we don’t buy them that often, but when we do, I use them up as soon as possible. They’re so good! Not sure how I let these slide by…
I should also tell you that during my pantry clean-up, I found a barbie doll in there and a furry toy that totally scared the bejesus out of me because I thought it was a rat. EWWWW!!!
SO THEN, right after my “ew-that’s-gross-feeling” went away, it was clear. I knew what I had to do. Nothing was going to change my mind.
It was time to take out the silver pan and cook-up some chicken breasts.
So some breasts were “seared”, then some sauce was made, and scoops of sun dried tomatoes brought the whole thing together. Theeeee End.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
WATCH HOW TO MAKE CREAMY SUN-DRIED TOMATO SAUCE CHICKEN
Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce Chicken
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (16 ounces) chicken breasts
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 large yellow onion , diced
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes in oil
- In a large nonstick skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken breasts to hot oil and cook 4 minutes; flip and continue to cook for 4 minutes or until browned on both sides.
- Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.
- Add onions, garlic and thyme leaves to skillet; cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in flour; mix until combined.
- Add broth and sun dried tomatoes.
- Return chicken to skillet; bring mixture to a boil.
- Turn heat down to a simmer; cover the skillet and continue to cook for 15 to 18 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from heat.