15-Minute Fettuccine with Spinach and Goat Cheese – Quick, flavorful and light pasta dinner with spinach and goat cheese that melts as it’s tossed with the warm and delicious pasta.
Helllllllo Meatless Monday! Have I got the perfect Monday meal for YOU!
Helllllllo internet friends! Happy start to the week! How are you doing? We are still on Fall Break so we decided to go to a pumpkin patch and an apple orchard today, but here’s the deal: it is 80 degrees out there. In mid-October. 😲 3 days ago, it was 40 degrees, but today, we couldn’t decide if we’re going apple picking or to the pool. 😳
Don’t get me wrong. I LOVE summery days! BUT I’ve already prepared my brain for cold weather, even my closet, and was happy to put off pedicures until March. 💅
Enough about me, let’s start discussing this 15-MINUTE Fettuccine!
Lemme tell you that this light pasta will give you LIFE! This meal is what I’ve deemed as one of the easiest, BUT delightful recipes on zee blog. It’s even easier than my other plain, but just as delightful, Garlic Butter Spinach Pasta.
I like this fettuccine recipe because it allows me the freedom to drag through Monday just as we’re supposed to, yet still have a homecooked meal at the end of the day.
It’s one of those good ones – you know those, when you want something satisfying, but don’t want to spend any time in the kitchen or turn on the oven.
All you need to do is toss hot pasta with garlic, spinach, and a handful (or three… ) of goat cheese. Sounds like rocket science. I KNOW.
I plan to make another batch of it tonight because ain’t nobody got time for a wonderful Tex Mex Cheesy Beef Quiche after a day of picking apples and pumpkins. You should do the same!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
- 12 ounces whole grain fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 4 cloves garlic , sliced
- 1 bag (6 to 8 ounces) baby spinach
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese , crumbled
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water; drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- In the meantime, heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic; cook and stir until fragrant.
- Add the spinach and season with salt and pepper; cook, stirring frequently, until wilted, about 1 minute.
- Add the spinach mixture, 3 ounces of the goat cheese, and 1/4 cup of the reserved cooking water to the pasta and toss until the goat cheese starts to melt and coats the pasta. Add more cooking water as needed to loosen the sauce.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Sprinkle with the remaining goat cheese and serve.
WW Smart Points: 10
MORE QUICK AND EASY RECIPES FROM AROUND THE WEB ⤵