Juicy, pan seared pork chops smothered with a rich and creamy mushroom sauce. An easy dinner idea and one of my favorite pork chop recipes.
All it takes to make this amazing skillet dinner with pork chops and mushroom sauce is just ONE pan and 30 minutes! It’s a solid, delicious, pork chop meal that’s impressive enough to serve at your next dinner party.
Hi ya, my dear friends!! This pork chops deliciousness is an answer to the x amount of emails I receive from some of you about pork recipes; examples of a few: ⬇
- “where are your pork chops recipes?!”
- “how do I make fried pork chops?!”
- “can you please share a recipe for creamy pork?”
- “too much chicken on here, not enough pork”
- … and on and on and on.
Me thinks my Honey Soy Grilled Pork Chops ain’t cuttin’ it? BUT they should be because, them things are pretty good! There’s also the good ol’ classic, Ranch Pork Chops, but I get it! We need something current and we need it now.
Thus… Skillet Pork Chops in Creamy Mushroom Sauce IT IS!
Does that look amazing? YAHS, it does! I love this meal!
HOW TO COOK PORK CHOPS IN A SKILLET
This is so simple, a teenager could do it. Also? We’re using boneless pork chops for this one.
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper and place in an oiled skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook for about 6-ish minutes, flipping once.
- Once they are cooked through, remove to a plate and set aside.
HOW TO MAKE A CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE
- Add butter, mushrooms and garlic to the same skillet and cook until the mushrooms are browned.
- Stir in chicken broth OR wine; cook until the liquid is mostly evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in the half-and-half and herbs; bring to a simmer.
- Place pork chops back into the skillet and cook for 2 more minutes, or until heated through.
Annnnd tah daaaaahm! Skillet Pork Chops in Creamy Mushroom Sauce. SO EASY, right?!
One pan, 30 minutes, very little cleanup, and the whole family will love them! Well, so long as they’re not vegan or vegetarian, know whaddamean?
MORE PORK RECIPES TO TRY:
- Crock Pot Pineapple Barbecue Sauce Pork Chops
- Crock Pot Mustard Pork Chops and Potatoes
- Grilled Peach-Glazed Pork Tenderloin Foil Packet with Potatoes
- Breaded Baked Pork Chops with Bacon-Kale Pesto
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Juicy, pan seared pork chops smothered with a rich and creamy mushroom sauce. An easy weeknight dinner idea and one of my favorite pork chop recipes.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless pork chops 3/4-inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms such as cremini or baby portabella
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth OR white wine
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add pork chops and cook for about 6 to 7 minutes, turning once, or until cooked through.
- Remove to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add butter to the pan and melt.
- Stir in mushrooms; cook, stirring frequently until the mushrooms are browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and continue to cook for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Stir in chicken broth or wine and cook for 2 minutes, or until the liquid is mostly evaporated.
- Stir in half-and-half and dried herbs; cook until simmering, about a minute.
- Place the pork chops back into the skillet and cook for 1 more minute, or until heated through.
- Plate the pork chops and top with the mushroom sauce.
WW FREESTYLE SMART POINTS: 9
WW FREESTYLE SMART POINTS WITH CHICKEN BROTH: 8