Thanks to KC Masterpiece for sponsoring this post. All opinions are 100% my own.
Beer and Sweet Honey BBQ Sauce Chicken Skewers – Sweet and savory chicken skewers marinated in the most delicious Sweet Honey BBQ Sauce and BEER!
Hey-Hi, my friends! It is Fry-daaaaaaaay! ⬅ Oprah voice. ➡ You get an “A”! And YOU get an “A”! And EVERYONE gets an “A”!!! …all for making it through the week.
Too much enthusiasm for a Friday mornin’? Ah-kay…
Sit down, relax, put yo’ feet up and meet my eaaaaaaaaasy summah suppah, Beer and Sweet Honey BBQ Sauce Chicken Skewers. Let’s wipe the drools.
Did you know that nothing goes better with great BBQ than beer? It’s true. That’s what I’ve always been told and I’m sticking to it. Besides, my Mama never lies.
BBQs: I mean, barbecues: one of summer’s most quintessential meals. We all love ’em and need ’em. We all inhale roughly a ton of smokin’ hot chicken/meat/veggies (sometimes skewered all together) during these warm, ripe months that are ahead of us. But, are you used to only preparing your meats with bbq sauce out of bottles, jars or small tubs? Are you on the verge of adding your own flavoring to said tub/jar/bottle? Are you about to throw your fists in the air, kick the nearest chair and pour beer in there?!
RIGHT ON! That’s exactly what I’m going to ask you to do!
Looky what I found: KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rubs in a pouch! omg. Consisting of a combination of salts, sugars and spices, this dry rub was exactly what I needed to stir into a bottle of beer and create the awesomest chicken skewers of ever.
Sidebar correction – stir beer into the rub. That makes way more sense.
Here’s the 411. There are 3 different sauce mixes and dry rubs to choose from. We have KC Masterpiece® Original BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rub, KC Masterpiece® Sweet Honey BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rub and KC Masterpiece® Spicy Habanero BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rub.
And then looky here; this is what happens when beer meets dry rub. A thick, dark, smoky, and sweet mixture is created, ready to meet my chicken tenders.
Honestly? These chicken tenders threaded on these sticks are invited to be my dinner for the rest of forever. Not only do they rest in this super amazing, mystical marinade, but they’re double coated with it WHILE getting themselves ready for us to be grilled over CHARCOAL.
Why am I doing this to you?
Because this is ridiculously easy and completely perfect for your next backyard party. It takes no time at all. And it’s pretty amazing. Swear.
I think we both know what you need to do. No need for tears. Just do it. Fire up the grill, get your chicken, stock up on KC’s mastered Masterpiece of Sweet Honey BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rub, some charcoal, and let’s get through it. I mean TO IT.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Beer and Sweet Honey BBQ Sauce Chicken Skewers
- 2 pounds chicken tenders*
- wooden skewers , soaked in water for 15 minutes before threading
- 1 pouch KC Masterpiece® Sweet Honey BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rub
- 1 cup beer
- Thread chicken tenders on prepared skewers and place in a large dish or baking pan; set aside.
- Pour out the pouch of dry rub in a mixing bowl.
- Slowly stir in the beer; mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of marinade.
- Use the rest of marinade to brush all over chicken skewers; refrigerate skewers for 30 minutes.
- Fire up a charcoal grill.
- Place the chicken skewers directly above the coals.
- Sear the chicken for about a minute per side, turning only once.
- Slather a layer of the prepared sauce on one side of the chicken, close the lid and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Open the lid, turn the chicken skewers, brush with marinade, close lid and continue to cook for 5 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Chicken is done when internal temperature reaches 165F degrees.
- Remove from grill and let rest few minutes before serving.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of KC Masterpiece. The opinions and text are all mine.