Grilled Pizza – Crispy and grilled flatbread pizza layered with cream cheese, chicken, mushrooms and onions.
Homemade Grilled Pizza is the next best thing to a pizza made in a wood fired oven. Store-bought Pizza dough is topped with cream cheese, chicken, mushrooms and onions.
Last weekend I was out and about, shopping taking care of business. When I finally came home and pulled up into my driveway, as I opened the car door to get out, a big whiff of grilled food just about knocked me out.
It was beautiful! Summer is here!
Bob, the neighbor, was grilling steaks. Robert, the neighbor across the street, was grilling burgers and kebabs. And I, the only female on the block hanging out next to R2D2, was about to grill something… or just about everything that I saw in my fridge. I was hungry, I was inspired, I was ready to eat!
In case you haven’t met, this is R2D2 – my grill.
I took out some chicken, some veggies, salads… Hubs then came out and suggested I grill the pizza that I wouldn’t stop talking about.
That would be this pizza – Kim, from Liv Life, one of my absolute favorites grilled a pizza dough made with semolina flour and topped it with cheese and pepperoni. Deeeelish! But I had neither semolina flour, nor pepperoni.
I went to the next best thing. My favorite pizza dough that comes in a package, (don’t judge, it’s delicious!) and my favorite topping – cream cheese!
The best pizza is made in a very hot oven, and since the grill can get pretty hot, hotter than an oven, grilling our pizza is the next best thing!
When grilling pizza, you need to have all your ingredients prepped and ready to go.
- The first thing we’re going to do is grill or cook our dough on the grill for about 3 minutes and then layer all of our ingredients on top.
- Pop the pizza back onto the grill for about 4 minutes, or until everything is heated through.
The pizza is chewy with a crispy crust and it might just be the best pizza you’ll ever eat!
Crispy and grilled flatbread pizza layered with cream cheese, chicken, mushrooms and onions.
- 1 refrigerated pizza dough
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 ounces grilled chicken breast, shredded
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Olive oil for the grill
- Preheat the grill on high.
- Prepare the dough and shape it on top of a cutting board or a flat baking sheet. Lightly flour the surface so that the dough does not stick.
- When the grill is hot and ready, brush the grates with some olive oil.
- Slide the pizza dough off the baking sheet and onto the grill.
- Close the grill and grill the dough for about 3 minutes.
- Check if the dough is browned underneath. If it’s not browned, give it another minute.
- Take the dough off the grill with a pair of tongs and put it on top of the cookie sheet or cutting board. Let it cool.
- Turn the pizza crust over, browned-side up.
- Spread the cream cheese over the entire pizza crust.
- Add the red onions, the shredded chicken, and the mushrooms.
- Top with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Put the pizza back on the grill.
- Turn the heat down to medium-high, and close the lid.
- Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Pull the pizza off the grill onto a cutting board and let it rest for a minute or so before cutting it.
WW Freestyle Points: 4