Bacon and Eggs Phyllo Breakfast Pizza – Crispy bacon, soft eggs and cherry tomatoes settled on top of phyllo sheets smothered with a seasoned feta cheese spread. Best breakfast pizza in town!
Huh? Yes, you read that right. Eggs on top of phyllo sheets. Bacon, too! EEEP!
Happy weekend, you guys! My weekend plans involve 2 birthday parties, pizza and cake. Happinessssss!
I didn’t want you to feel left out so I made you Pizza, too! ~wink~
Tell me if you disagree, but there is something mildly uplifting about this ugly, cold weather, and that would be cozy, homemade, comfort food. More of that, PLEASE! The food, that is. Definitely not the weather.
This comforting phyllo pizza thingmajigger looks and sounds a lot fancier than it is, but trust me, it’s a cinch so long as you don’t mind working with phyllo dough.
On the other hand, maybe the word “fancy” doesn’t quite cut it when we’re discussing bacon and eggs, but let’s just go with that, m’kay?
SO who has the energy to work with phyllo sheets first thing in the morning?!? Obviously me! Buuuuut, only on the weekends. Which is why it’s Saturday and we’re talking ’bout breakfast and pizza, together.
Many moons ago I found out how much I loved baked eggs in the oven, starting with this Bacon and Eggs Breakfast Bake that I learned how to make in college, and haven’t left them alone ever since. Could it be because I always have bacon swimming around them, too? Possibly. Most likely, yes.
I mean, I drink Green Berry Smoothies every day for breakfast, therefore when the weekend comes I am ready for bacon and eggs. Let’s not forget the cheese, either. Throw some cake in the mix, too, because weekend calories don’t count. Nope, they don’t.
By the way, all I’m trying to tell you is to bust out the phyllo and get those eggs crackin’. This is gonna be goooooood!
Also? Wouldn’t this be fun for Easter Brunch?! Heck YES it would!
AND it’s great for Brinner!
Craving more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered to your inbox! Follow Diethood on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest recipes and updates.
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup Italian Cheese Blend
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 10 phyllo sheets
- oil based cooking spray
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , halved
- 3 eggs
- 3 slices bacon , cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup Italian Cheese Blend
- fresh chopped parsley , for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a small mixing bowl combine cheeses, oregano, salt and pepper; mash with the back of a fork until completely blended and spreadable. Set aside.
- Lightly grease a jellyroll pan with cooking spray.
- Place 1 phyllo sheet on the bottom of the pan and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Layer two more phyllo sheets, spraying each phyllo sheet with cooking spray before adding the next.
- Spread 1/3 of the prepared cheese spread over the third phyllo sheet.
- Continue to layer 3 more sheets, spraying each phyllo sheet with cooking spray before adding the next.
- Spread 1/2 of the remaining cheese spread over the stack of phyllo sheets.
- Layer the last 4 phyllo sheets, spraying each phyllo sheet with cooking spray before adding the next.
- Spread the remaining cheese spread over the last sheet.
- Add halved tomatoes on top.
- Crack the eggs over the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until phyllo is a golden brown and eggs are cooked.
- Remove from oven.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Cut and Serve.
Inspired by My Recipes
WW SmartPoints: 12
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy