Sweet Korean BBQ Beef Tacos – Amazingly tender, super flavorful Korean beef prepared in the crockpot!
You know how you daydream about having a clean house every day? And dinner and a cake made from scratch?
Well. That’s total reality around here. House is impeccable and I have 3-layer cakes waiting for dessert.
Um, only that’s SO not completely true! Layered cakes?! Pshhht!
Can I be honest? This month, the one that just zoomed past us, was in.sane. Busy, busy, busy. At times, I didn’t know if I was coming or going. New school, new house, moving, shopping for things that didn’t involve shoes or handbags, etc… I am telling you, it was ridiculous. It still is.
As it happens, and because I like to be ahead of the game, I had purchased some beef chuck intended for the slow cooker so to help me out on those busy days with fast, yet delicious results.
The day I made these beef tacos, I cooked about 2 or 3 pounds of Beef Chuck Roast in the slow cooker. We only had about 4 hours until dinner time and, because of our busy schedules, this was truly a blessing. My husband isn’t a fan of meat, but all that changes when you serve the saucy meat inside a flour tortilla with some pretty, colorful lettuce and a good spread of sour cream… topped with hot sauce.
I have to tell you that, apart from being so convenient, the sauce is also very tasty. The only thing you have to do is add your favorite meat or vegetables, and you have a delicious meal to serve over some pasta, rice, or even stuffed inside taco shells. There are so many possibilities.
Now I am going to stop daydreaming about dinner and start cooking. Beef tacos, again? WHY NOT!?
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce , plus more to taste
- 3- pounds boneless beef chuck
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- 1 large onion , thinly sliced
- 8 to 10 flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 cups lettuce
- 1 carrot , shredded
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- In a large bowl, whisk together beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, oil, vinegar, ginger, sriracha, onion powder and pepper.
- Place meat in the slow cooker and stir in the prepared beef broth mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or high heat, 3 to 4 hours. The meat should be very tender but retain shape.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the corn starch and water. Stir the mixture into the beef broth and continue to cook for 30 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove beef and shred it; place it back in the slow cooker and stir around.
- Prepare your tacos by spreading a tablespoon of sour cream on each tortilla.
- Add lettuce, shredded carrots, and cabbage.
- Top with meat mixture and serve immediately.
WW SmartPoints: 18
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy