Ginger-Lime Beef Stir Fry Recipe – Quick, easy, flavor-packed beef and vegetables stir fry tossed with fresh ginger, lime and soy sauce. Perfectly delicious and it’s just what your weeknight dinner menu needs.
Just how I like to eat my meat and vegetables. Drowning IN SAUCE.
Hey Yo! Happy Sunday! I hope you’re having a great one. It’s finally over 70F degrees out here and I truly am loving it. If I could find a way to ditch my kids’ gazillion activities – cheerleading, soccer, Macedonian School and Sunday School – I would actually have a minute to enjoy all the sunshine for a stinkin’ minute. BUT. Chauffeuring is my life. Another reason why I need to be rich – to hire a 24/7 chauffeur.
Which, I just thought about this, but that might not really work. You know why!? ‘Cause I would still go! How can I not go and watch them play soccer, cheer, roll their R’s, and pray? Exactly. I can’t not go. ⚽⚽⚽
Phewwww. I think I just lifted all that need to be rich pressure off my shoulders.
This stir fry, tho. We’re going back with this. Way back. I know that I always tell you about favorite recipes. BUT. This REALLY is a favorite beef stir fry recipe.
This recipe came about due to two things. I found it years ago while living in the big ol’ Chi city, trying to fit in with the rest of the crowd that was hopping from one Asian restaurant to the next.
We’re talking 2002.
After all the sushi, pho and curry, I decided stir-fry-everything was my jam. From thereon, every time I went to the grocery store, I’d pick up one of those Asian Cooking cookbooks found right by the cash registers, and by the end of the year, I had 26 of them. Hoarder.
There’s only a few ingredients in this wonderful Ginger-Lime Beef Stir Fry, and they all matter.
First, I suggest using top sirloin steak for this recipe, however, flank steak, or skirt steak work just as well. I also suggest saving time by avoiding cutting up all the veggies, and instead buying one of those 16-ounce Flav-R-Pac ready to go stir fry vegetables. Don’t worry, studies suggest frozen veggies have just as many nutrients as fresh veggies. ✌
End of my suggestions. Let’s roll!
Look at this! It is so good I can’t even stand it.
Have a happy day!!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
- 1-1/2 tablespoons canola oil , divided
- 12 ounces boneless top sirloin steak , cut into thin strips
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- juice of 1 whole fresh lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger OR 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 bag (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetables
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (optional)
- 2 green onions , diagonally cut, green parts only
- toasted sesame seeds
- crushed red pepper , to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in a wok.
- Season steak strips with salt and pepper; add to wok.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until browned on all sides, stirring frequently.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together lime juice, ground ginger, soy sauce and sugar; whisk until well combined.
- Remove wok from heat and stir in the prepared sauce.
- Transfer steak to a plate.
- Wash or wipe down the wok.
- Heat remaining canola oil in the wok.
- Add frozen veggies; cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in previously prepared steak and cook for 2 minutes, or until heated through.
- Remove from heat; drizzle with lime juice.
- Garnish with onions, sesame seeds, and crushed red pepper.
WW SmartPoints: 7
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy