Pineapple Barbecue Chicken is a delicious dinner that is perfect for a quick meal. The sweet and tangy flavors of the barbecue sauce and pineapples complement the chicken perfectly, and the dish is sure to be a hit.
Juicy chicken prepared with pineapples in a sweet and tangy barbecue sauce!
FRIENDS! If you’ve never combined pineapples, barbecue sauce, and chicken in one baking dish, THIS is your time! This is it!
Pineapple barbecue chicken is a delicious and tropical twist on a classic barbecue dish. It’s a perfect option for an easy and quick dinner, but also great for a crowd.
You know, it’s almost May, and since grilling season has yet to “officially” start, I went ahead and used the oven for this super easy, 3-ish ingredient recipe.
Barbecue chicken with pineapple is a dish that combines chicken breasts with a sweet and tangy barbecue sauce, plus a handful of pineapple chunks. The chicken is typically marinated in the sauce before it is cooked, but that’s optional and totally up to you if you want to wait that long.
But yeah. If you’ve ever wanted to fall face first into a pile of pineapple chicken, here’s your chance.
This is so simple to make, you guys.
Ingredients for Barbecue Sauce Chicken
- Four boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- Salt and pepper.
- Barbecue Sauce.
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks.
- Olive oil.
How To Make Barbecue Chicken with Pineapples
- First, you’re going to season the chicken with salt and pepper;
- Then, you’ll add some barbecue sauce (I highly recommend my Homemade Honey Barbecue Sauce! ) over the chicken breasts, rub it all in, pile all the pineapples on top, cover with plastic wrap and let it chill for a bit. For about 30 minutes to 2 hours. You don’t have to do that, but it does bring the flavor up several notches.
- When ready, take the chicken out of the fridge, drizzle with olive oil and boom! I mean, first BAKE, then BOOM!
- Bake, then appreciate.
…and thhhh thhhhh that’s all folks!
This dish is a great option for a summer cookout or a weeknight dinner, and it is sure to be a hit with both adults and kids.
P.S. Don’t like barbecue sauce!? Check out my awesome recipe for Hawaiian Baked Chicken!
More Barbecue Sauce Recipes
- PINEAPPLE BARBECUE SAUCE GLAZED MEATBALLS
- CROCK POT PINEAPPLE BARBECUE SAUCE PORK CHOPS
- BARBECUE PINEAPPLE AND PORK SKEWERS
Pineapple Barbecue Chicken
- Grease a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the chicken breasts in a baking dish and top with 1/3 of the barbecue sauce; rub in the barbecue sauce, then top with pineapple chunks.
- Add remaining barbecue sauce on top and cover with plastic wrap; place in the fridge for 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 400˚F. Remove plastic wrap. Drizzle olive oil over the chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 32 to 35 minutes or until the chicken's internal temperature reads 165˚F. Use an Instant Read Meat Thermometer to check for doneness. Cooking time will depend on the size and thickness of the chicken breasts.
- Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.