Grilled Salmon Kabobs with Garlic Yogurt Sauce – Tender and moist, these grilled salmon kabobs are juicy with incredible flavor and are served with an amazing garlic yogurt sauce.
I’m happy to report that I can still find a gazillion ways to eat my favorite fish: salmon!
But first, HI! HELLO! Welcome to Monday! Wishing it was Sundaaaay ’cause that’s my fun daaaay…
However. On my Sunday-Fun-Day, I stayed IN and worked. All day. UGH… The good news is that I got to share some really awesome food with the fam, and all of that is going to be comin’ to you in the next two weeks. So, it’s not a bad thing at all. Besides, making food and photographing it is kinda my favorite hobby. Also? Taking Monday OFF feels pretty incredible!
This post is sponsored by STAR FINE FOODS! Thank YOU, friends, for supporting the brands that make Diethood possible!
*clears throat* …after I type up all of this, then I’ll be OFF…
Did you know that I have this thing about threading food onto skewers. As in, I’m completely crazy about it and I’ve been that way since I was little. Bite sized meat or grilled salmon placed in between veggies, fruits, or lemon slices? AND grilled?!? Bring it ON!
These kabobs, tho. They have a story to tell.
Enter: STAR Seasoned Rice Vinegar. OMG. SO GOOD!!
It is sweet, salty and acidic, which makes it a handy ingredient to have around for a quick and easy way to enhance foods without adding extra calories, fat or salt.
I paired the Seasoned Rice Vinegar with a dose of garlic and some Italian Seasoning and then I just ate it all with a spoon. I could not stop. Well, I did eventually stop so that I could brush it over our skewers, but it really was dang good. I know, Rice Vinegar with Italian Seasoning?! I know… but it works! The grilled salmon is delicious. I mean, it’s simple and perfect and flakes beautifully.
YOGURT DIPPING SAUCE
BUT this yogurt sauce on top is like WHOA.
It is very similar to my favorite Taratur recipe – a.k.a. Cucumber-Garlic Yogurt Sauce – sans the cucumbers and walnuts. It is a sauce which is suitable for slathering on fish, chicken, lamb chops, even sandwiches. My sister and I used to dip our fries in it, too. Little foreigners… Every other kid was like, where’s the ketchup, MOM!?!? And we’re over here, 5 years old, dipping our fries in garlic and yogurt…
I can’t even tell you how much fun I had making this salmon for my family, but really, just making it for me! It’s all these wonderful flavors in one, and since most of my life revolves around food that is quick and easy, and absolutely delicious, this one meets all the requirements.
If you have a few minutes and don’t mind chopping up some salmon and threading it onto skewers, get on this quickly.
STAR Seasoned Rice Vinegar can be purchased ONLINE. Also available at HEB, Supervalu, Bozzuto’s, Schnuck Markets, Cohen Foods, Brookshire Grocery, C & S Wholesale Grocers, Bashas Chandler, and Brookshire Bros.
STAR EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL is available at retailers nationwide including Safeway, Kroger, Vons, Albertsons, Food 4 Less, Save Mart, Target, Walmart, Schnucks, Food Lion, Stater Bros., Raley’s, Smart & Final, Bashas, King Soopers, Vallarta, Jewel, Smith’s, Dierbergs, HEB and Ralphs stores and ONLINE.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Grilled Salmon Kabobs with Garlic Yogurt Sauce Recipe
- 1.5 to 2 pounds salmon fillets , cut into 1-inch squares
- 2 large lemons thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoon STAR Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 16 bamboo skewers , soaked in water for 20 minutes
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup non-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil , divided
- chopped fresh parsley , for garnish
- Preheat grill to medium heat, around 375F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together Seasoned Rice Vinegar, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, garlic and Italian Seasoning. Set aside.
- Thread the salmon and lemon slices folded in half intermittently onto previously prepared bamboo skewers.
- Brush all sides of salmon skewers with prepared marinade.
- Oil the grates on the grill.
- Place salmon skewers on grill and cook for about 4 minutes per side, or until salmon is cooked through and opaque.
- Place garlic in a small mixing bowl, sprinkle with salt and 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil; mix it all together.
- Stir in the yogurt.
- Drizzle the remaining extra virgin olive oil on top and garnish with chopped parsley; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Remove salmon skewers from the grill.
- Serve with prepared garlic yogurt sauce.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.