Garlic Parmesan Yellow Squash Chips – An incredibly flavorful, crispy, and absolutely delicious snack!
In my head, that’s a really loud, filled with a lot of excitement-kind of “HI”. Hopefully, you can “hear” me.
The other day a friend of mine posted a study on her Facebook page stating that cashews are just like Prozac. After reading that, it all started to make sense.
I AM the way that I AM because of all the cashews I eat, daily! My happy-go-lucky attitude and mood is controlled by cashews!!
Ummmm… so what does that mean for you?!
Nothin’. You just get to read my exclamation points and know that the excited shouting is fo’ real.
Garlic Parmesan Yellow Squash Chips are also, fo’ real.
Yellow Squash is the new Zucchini.
Truth be told, if my nose was plugged and my eyes were closed, I wouldn’t know the difference. All squash is quite the same to me, but what you put in it, on it, or inside of it, is what matters. Really, though, they’re just a vessel for all things cheese.
Obviously, vegetables and I are like *THIS*! With a side of brownies, of course.
As long as we’re being open… I’m desperately in love with these Garlic Parmesan Yellow Squash Chips. Whenever I make this recipe, I eat half of the batch before I get a chance to serve it. It’s so easy to just pull out the baking sheet from the oven, and while I’m prepping the rest of the uncooked chips, I just eat all the ones that are already baked.
I cannot even begin to describe the indulgence that happens when I finally DO serve them. People be like, gimme more gimme more!! And I’m all like, I can’t, I ate ’em all!
Thus, these Chips, Crisps, Rounds, Fritters?? I dunno what they call ’em these days, but I don’t even care if they have a name, to be honest. These are BEYOND amazing! AND, there’s no batter to dip ’em in. There’s no eggs, no milk, no nada. Just some olive oil, seasonings, panko crumbs and grated parmesan.
OH! They’re also baked!! EEK!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
WATCH HOW TO MAKE YELLOW SQUASH CHIPS
Garlic Parmesan Yellow Squash Chips
- 4 yellow squash (small to medium), sliced into 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch rounds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- cooking spray (I use Organic Olive Oil by Pam)
- Serve with Non-Fat Plain Yogurt
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine squash, olive oil, salt and pepper; mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine panko crumbs, Parmesan cheese, oregano, and garlic powder.
- Dip slices of squash in cheese mixture and coat on both sides, pressing on the coating to stick.
- Place the squash in a single layer on the previously prepared baking sheet.
- Lightly spray each slice with cooking spray. This will help with achieving a crunchier texture.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven; gently flip over all the slices, lightly spray with cooking oil and bake for 8 more minutes, or until chips are golden brown.
- Remove from oven; transfer to a serving plate and serve with a dollop of Non-Fat Plain Yogurt.