Hearty, comforting, warm and incredibly flavorful Stuffed Pepper Soup.
Happy Sunday, everyone! Hope your weekend is going well!!
Say, have you ever bought 4 bell peppers and only found 1 the next day? Like, seriously. Who eats 3 bell peppers, uncooked and unstuffed? Who does that?!
I have a little 17-month old that eats everything. Everything. No joke. She killed a pomegranate two days ago. I was shocked.
8 teeth and she’s already biting into bacon.
My suspicions are pointing towards her because at the very ripe age of 14-months, she walked to the garden, picked a pepper and inhaled it. But, then again, we are talking about 3 large bell peppers! There’s no way I would have missed that.
Maybe her dad helped…
So what’s a woman to do with one bell pepper and enough beef-rice-pepper-stuffing for four? Make Stuffed Pepper Soup!
My mom used to make this soup quite often, except that we didn’t call it soup, we called it/call it “mahn-dja”. Any stew-type meal is, in fact, called a mandja in Macedonian.
Really, though, this soup, or mandja, or delicious, sexy thang is kinda amazing. Hearty, comforting, warm and incredibly flavorful. If you’ve got some Uncle Ben’s chillin’ in your cupboards, take him outta there and have him meet up with some ground beef. They are going to LOVE each other! Trust me!
What does any of this have to do with a KitchenAid Stand Mixer, you ask? Nothing. But, HEY, I’m giving away a KitchenAid Stand Mixer!!
I have teamed up with a few amazing bloggers to celebrate the blogiversary of Kate’s delicious blog, Food Babbles, and to help us celebrate, you are going to have a chance to enter to win a gorgeous KitchenAid 5 Qt Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer in the color of YOUR choice! Just scroll down and follow the instructions on the Rafflecopter Widget. GOOD LUCK!!!
And ENJOY the soup!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1- pound ground beef
- 1 yellow onion , chopped
- 1 green bell pepper , chopped
- 2 tomatoes , diced (you can also use 1 can of diced tomatoes)
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 4 cups beef or chicken broth
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked long-grain white rice
- In a large soup pot heat olive oil over medium heat and add ground beef.
- Cook until browned.
- Add onions, pepper, tomatoes and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper and continue to cook over medium-low heat until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 20 to 30 minutes, or until heated through.
- Stir in cooked rice.
WW SmartPoints: 10