Mediterranean White Chicken Enchiladas – Made with shredded chicken, Italian cheeses, bell peppers and yogurt sauce, Chicken Enchiladas never tasted so good!!
This.Is.Awesome. And I can’t wait to tell you about it!
Hi-ya, friends! How goes it? Wanna talk about cheese and enchiladas for a quick minute?
This recipe might look like too much work for a weekday, it might even look a bit aggressive, but rest assured, it is NOT. By now you should know my games and my tricks; I don’t make things that are complicated. I don’t even know how to do that… unnnnntil… Chopped calls and tells me they’ve got a basket for me! Chopped!
Okay, let’s be real. Chopped didn’t call. I’m just messin’ with ya. Okay, but they did. Indirectly.
You see, that recipe title is not a typo. This Mexiterranean/Mexitalian fusion was inspired by a Chopped challenge.
So, you know Sargento®? The 100% real, delicious, natural cheese cut from blocks? Of course you do.
Well. Sargento is hosting a “Chopped at Home” contest and, just as the show, I was given 4 ingredients to create a delicious meal using Sargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded 6 Cheese Italian, boneless chicken breasts, Greek yogurt, and a red bell pepper.
THANK the LAWD my basket didn’t contain quail eggs or some tropical fruit that looks like abstract art. Sheesh!
Inevitably I ended up standing in front of the fridge shoveling a bag of Sargento’s Shredded 6 Cheese Italian into my face as I was trying to come up with something. Anything!
Lucky me, I keep my stash of tortillas in the fridge, and as soon as I saw them, it wasn’t long before I started to work on my Chopped recipe. It just felt right.
These enchiladas feel like an extra special treat because they are filled with very cheesy chicken and topped with a yogurt sauce and roasted red bell pepper.
When cheese, yogurt-sauce and chicken combine, the angels sing. Buhlieve me.
I don’t mean to tell you what to do, but do yourself a favor and grab a bag or few of Sargento® Cheeses, get creative and come up with your best Chopped-inspired dish. THEN, hop over to the Chopped At Home Challenge and enter the contest where YOU could win $10,000 smackaroos!
Also?? Someone please say Grace ’cause I’m about to attack this amazingness!
Craving more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered to your inbox! Follow Diethood on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest recipes and updates.
Mediterranean White Chicken Enchiladas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil , divided
- 2 to 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2 cups Sargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded 6 Cheese Italian , divided
- 8 Flour Tortillas
- 1 red bell pepper , diced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley , divided
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Grease a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet; add shredded chicken and cook just until heated through.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup Sargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded 6 Cheese Italian.
- Distribute the chicken mixture evenly among the tortillas.
- Roll up the tortillas and place seam side down in the prepared pan. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet.
- Add diced peppers and season with salt.
- Cook for 2 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add butter to pan and melt.
- Stir in flour; continue to stir until moistened.
- Whisk in chicken broth; continue to frequently whisk until sauce is smooth and thickened.
- Stir in the yogurt and prepared peppers.
- Season with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley.
- Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Remove from heat and pour the sauce over the rolled tortillas.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
WW SmartPoints: 14
Available in 30 versatile varieties, unique blends and distinct cuts, Sargento Shredded Cheese is always cut from blocks of 100% real, natural cheese. For more inspiration, check out the Sargento Pinterest page or visit Sargento.com for more information. The Chopped at Home Challenge gives viewers a chance to create their best recipe using the selected basket ingredients, including Sargento Shredded Cheese, for a chance to win $10,000!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento®. The opinions and text are all mine.