Baked Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Chips – Crispy and flavorful baked zucchini chips covered in seasoned panko bread crumbs with garlic and Parmesan.
If you like seasoned, cheesy, delicious, baked zucchini chips, first of all, I now know why we’re best friends! Secondly, I heart you!
So HEY, besties! Happy Sunday! Long time no chat. I left my ‘puter in my laptop bag for a total of 5 days. I didn’t touch it, didn’t look at it, didn’t care for it. It was time to chillax in Ohrid, and get my tan ON! Happy to report, I haven’t been this dark since my last sunny vacay, which was 8 years agoooo! Crazy, right? You just don’t realize how much your body needs a sunny vacation until you go on one and don’t want to come back.
But… you know how the song goes… back to life, back to reality. back to the here and now, YEAH.
This post is sponsored by STAR FINE FOODS. Thank YOU, friends, for supporting the brands that make Diethood possible!
Okay, Baked Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Chips. Heaven-sent. Not too soft, not too firm, crunchy, seasoned, zucchini chips which I could eat straight from that bowl, all by myself… It’s what my dreams are made of. Besides, STAR’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Omega-3 DHA combines the robust flavor of Extra Virgin Olive Oil with heart healthy Omega 3 DHA, which makes these chips even more desirable!
However, we’re adding all sorts of easy magic to these chips – panko crumbs, parmesan cheese, oregano, garlic! I’m getting lightheaded just typing all of that out.
By the way, and this is totally just a suggestion, buuuuut, the key to making a good crunchy chip out of squash is all in how thin you slice it. The thinner, the crunchier.
If serving as an appetizer, I slice them super thin, however, if serving as a side dish, I go much thicker. So, that’s my FYI.
In all honesty? I’ll use any excuse to make a batch of tender OR crunchy squash chips. These are perfect for that end of summer zucchini stash you’ve got goin’ on. I was feeling indulgent, so we enjoyed these chips slightly warm, with a side of creamy yogurt and good company.
Craving more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for fresh and new content delivered to your inbox!
Follow Diethood on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest recipes and updates.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE ZUCCHINI CHIPS
- 3 to 4 zucchini , sliced into 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch rounds
- 3 tablespoons STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Omega-3 DHA
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2- cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- cooking spray
- Non-Fat Plain Yogurt , for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Line 3 baking sheets with foil; lightly spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine zucchini slices, olive oil, salt and pepper; mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine panko crumbs, Parmesan cheese, oregano, and garlic powder.
- Dip slices of zucchini in cheese mixture and coat on both sides, pressing on the coating to stick.
- Place the zucchini slices in a single layer on the previously prepared baking sheets.
- Lightly spray each slice with cooking spray. This will help with achieving a crunchier texture.
- Bake for 10 minutes; rotate pan and continue to bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until chips are golden brown.
- Remove from oven.
- Serve with Non-Fat Plain Yogurt.
WW SmartPoints: 5