An easy Egg Salad recipe with avocados, chicken, corn, bacon, and a creamy lemon dill dressing! This salad is delicious when served on its own, as a side, in a wrap, or on a bun!
Delicious Egg Salad with Chicken
Upgrade your classic Egg Salad recipe with this flavorful and chunky Avocado Chicken Egg Salad. This Low Carb recipe has everything you want in a delicious salad, including juicy chicken, avocados, eggs, onions, corn, and bacon.
My Avocado Egg Salad recipe has been a reader favorite for years now that I have finally listened and created another version of it. This time around, I have included more yummy ingredients, plus a creamy mayo dressing that you will absolutely LOVE!
Avocado is a tasty and healthy addition to any salad. It adds a creamy, rich flavor and a smooth texture to the salad and a good dose of healthy fats and nutrients. Avocado is also a great source of fiber, potassium, and vitamins C, E, and K.
Our egg salad with avocado and chicken is a simple and tasty dish that is perfect for a light lunch or dinner. It is made with diced cooked chicken, diced avocado, and hard-boiled eggs, all mixed together with a creamy dressing.
I guarantee that even the pickiest of eaters will want to dig into this salad. It’s not only delicious, but it’s also very easy to prepare. The only time-consuming part is chopping up all the ingredients. AND boiling the eggs.
Buying a rotisserie chicken might also take a bit of your time…? Or, just cook your own Chicken Breasts. ?
How To Make Avocado Chicken and Egg Salad
This loaded-up Egg Salad is everything BUT boring. With a wonderful Lemon Dill Dressing slathered on top, this salad is beautiful to look at, and with a variety of ingredients, it satisfies to the max!
To start, gather your ingredients:
- 4 hard boiled eggs, diced
- cooked and chopped chicken breasts
- avocados, diced
- corn (I use canned corn)
- bacon, cooked and chopped
- red onion, chopped
Add all that to a salad bowl, mix together gently, and set aside.
Lemon Dill Salad Dressing
- sour cream
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
Whisk all of that together; add as much of it as you prefer over the prepared Chicken Egg Salad and toss until well combined. Serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to use.
You’ll be happy to know that this Avocado Chicken Egg Salad tastes even better the next day! It is a perfect salad for lunch on-the-go.
How To Store Egg Salad
- Store egg salad in an airtight container and keep it in the fridge for 4 to 5 days.
More Salad Recipes
- Creamy Dill Chicken Salad
- Cobb Salad
- Olives and Avocado Salad with Tomatoes and Feta
- Chef’s Salad
- Strawberry Avocado Pasta Salad
Avocado Chicken Egg Salad with Creamy Lemon Dill Dressing
- 4 hard boiled eggs, diced
- 12 to 16 ounces cooked chicken breasts, chopped or shredded
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 cup corn kernels, (I use canned corn)
- 8 slices bacon, cooked to a desired crispness and chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Add diced eggs, chopped chicken, diced avocados, corn, bacon crumbles, and chopped red onion to a large mixing bowl; toss gently just to combine and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, dill, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper; whisk until thoroughly incorporated. You can also place the ingredients in a jar and shake until combined.
- Add as much of the salad dressing as you prefer over the prepared Avocado Chicken Egg Salad; gently toss until well combined.
- Served immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.
- Eggs: It’s important to use fresh and fully cooked eggs for the best-tasting egg salad. For the best texture, it’s also essential to dice the eggs. This will help the egg salad hold together and make it easier to spread or spoon onto sandwiches or wraps.
- Chicken: Add some chicken to give the salad extra flavor and more substance. Make sure you are using fully-cooked chicken, and dice the chicken into smaller pieces, so it’s easier to serve it in this salad.
- Avocado: If serving the salad later, it is best to add the avocado just before serving. This will help to prevent the avocado from browning and will also ensure that it is at its freshest and most flavorful.
- Bacon: Bacon is a delicious and flavorful addition to egg salad. It adds a salty, smoky taste and a crunchy texture to the dish, making it more satisfying and filling. To add bacon to egg salad, you can either crumble cooked bacon and mix it into the salad or chop it into small pieces and use it as a topping for the salad.
- Salad Dressing: Use a creamy dressing. Mayonnaise is the most common dressing for egg salad, but you can also use yogurt, sour cream, or a combination of the two for a lighter, tangier flavor.
- Chill before serving: Egg salad tastes best when chilled, so it’s a good idea to refrigerate it for at least 30 minutes before serving. This will also help the flavors to meld together.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.