Cheesy Bacon and Corn Stuffed Zucchini Boats – Zucchini halves stuffed with an insanely delicious mixture of cheese, bacon and corn! Garlic, too!!
HI, pals! Happiest of Sundays!! It’s gonna be a good one because I’m wearing my Sunday’s-best; black yoga pants with one of my husband’s white t-shirts. Bring on the food!!
I have to confess. There’s a song that keeps on playing itself in my head, especially this week. It goes a lil’ something like this:
“Back to liiiiife! Back to reeeealityyyy!
However do you want me! However do you need me!”
Can I just say that life is not as easy as it was 12 days ago? There’s a person in this house that goes to school. Full time! And just because I am now with only one kid for a full 8 hours, that does not mean that I can just put my feet up, sip my coffee and watch Real Housewives reruns all morning long. I learned that the hard way.
Somehow, there’s more to do because when Ana gets home, there’s all these papers I have to look through, AND they (as in her teachers), want me to, like, help her and stuff… Things are definitely not how I thought they would be. Suddenly, last year’s preschool days sound SO MUCH better.
That’s my confession. I just need to learn how to get into the groove of doing school-work. (AGAIN?? BUT I did it for 20+ years!!! WAAAAAH!)
Okay. Now we can talk about Stuffed Zucchini and how I love thee.
Have I posted too many zuch-recipes for you this season?! Promise, I am just trying to help y’all out.
I JUST said y’all! I’ve always wanted to say that! I digress.
So these stuffed zucchini boats aaaaaare SO GOOD! I mean, there’s bacon in there. Theeeen, we have corn, lotsa garlic and a good dose of cream cheese. Put it all together and you’ve got a dinner nobody can resist. Even those little ones that say green-food is yucky.
Now, go on, take your neighbor’s last of the zucchini-stash and get on ‘dis. Stat.
Cheesy Bacon and Corn Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- 4 medium zucchini
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1 can (15-ounces) sweet corn (you can also use frozen corn, thawed)
- 2 garlic cloves , chopped
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 package (8-ounces) low-fat cream cheese, softened
- Drop zucchini in a large pot of boiling water.
- Cook for 5 minutes, or until fork tender; drain and rinse with cold water.
- Cut zucchini in half, lengthwise; scoop out seeds and flesh, about 1/2-inch deep; set aside.
- Place bacon in a frying pan and cook to a crisp; with a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towel, leaving bacon fat in pan.
- Add corn kernels and garlic to the frying pan; season with salt and pepper and cook for 3 minutes, or until heated through and slightly browned.
- Add cream cheese and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted and mixture is well combined.
- Crumble bacon and mix it into the cream cheese mixture.
- Remove from heat.
- Stuff mixture into previously prepared zucchini shells.
- Broil for 8 minutes, or until tops are lightly browned.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.