Cheesy Bacon and Corn Stuffed Zucchini Boats – Zucchini halves stuffed with an insanely delicious mixture of cheese, bacon and corn! Garlic, too!!
HI, pals! Happiest of Sundays!! It’s gonna be a good one because I’m wearing my Sunday’s-best; black yoga pants with one of my husband’s white t-shirts. Bring on the food!!
I have to confess. There’s a song that keeps on playing itself in my head, especially this week. It goes a lil’ something like this:
“Back to liiiiife! Back to reeeealityyyy!
However do you want me! However do you need me!”
Can I just say that life is not as easy as it was 12 days ago? There’s a person in this house that goes to school. Full time! And just because I am now with only one kid for a full 8 hours, that does not mean that I can just put my feet up, sip my coffee and watch Real Housewives reruns all morning long. I learned that the hard way.
Somehow, there’s more to do because when Ana gets home, there’s all these papers I have to look through, AND they (as in her teachers), want me to, like, help her and stuff… Things are definitely not how I thought they would be. Suddenly, last year’s preschool days sound SO MUCH better.
That’s my confession. I just need to learn how to get into the groove of doing school-work. (AGAIN?? BUT I did it for 20+ years!!! WAAAAAH!)
Okay. Now we can talk about Stuffed Zucchini and how I love thee.
Have I posted too many zuch-recipes for you this season?! Promise, I am just trying to help y’all out.
I JUST said y’all! I’ve always wanted to say that! I digress.
So these stuffed zucchini boats aaaaaare SO GOOD! I mean, there’s bacon in there. Theeeen, we have corn, lotsa garlic and a good dose of cream cheese. Put it all together and you’ve got a dinner nobody can resist. Even those little ones that say green-food is yucky.
Now, go on, take your neighbor’s last of the zucchini-stash and get on ‘dis. Stat.
Cheesy Bacon and Corn Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- 4 medium zucchini
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1 can (15-ounces) sweet corn (you can also use frozen corn, thawed)
- 2 garlic cloves , chopped
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 package (8-ounces) low-fat cream cheese, softened
- Drop zucchini in a large pot of boiling water.
- Cook for 5 minutes, or until fork tender; drain and rinse with cold water.
- Cut zucchini in half, lengthwise; scoop out seeds and flesh, about 1/2-inch deep; set aside.
- Place bacon in a frying pan and cook to a crisp; with a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towel, leaving bacon fat in pan.
- Add corn kernels and garlic to the frying pan; season with salt and pepper and cook for 3 minutes, or until heated through and slightly browned.
- Add cream cheese and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted and mixture is well combined.
- Crumble bacon and mix it into the cream cheese mixture.
- Remove from heat.
- Stuff mixture into previously prepared zucchini shells.
- Broil for 8 minutes, or until tops are lightly browned.