Baked Crack Chicken Breasts, also referred to as Ranch Chicken with Bacon, is a delicious and creamy dish loaded with cheese and bacon. Hard to believe that Crack Chicken is also Low Carb and Keto-Friendly!
What is Crack Chicken?
Crack Chicken is a deliciously creamy combination of chicken, bacon, cream cheese, and ranch seasoning. This family-friendly, make-ahead meal is a great weeknight dinner, but also perfect for a weekend crowd.
Looking for an easy-baked chicken recipe? This is IT! Just hit print because this cracked-out chicken is what your long day needs. Need an Instant Pot version? Please hop on over to my recipe for Instant Pot Crack Chicken.
WHAT in the heck is “Crack” Chicken, you ask? According to the internet, this recipe got its name because ranch chicken is addictive… just like crack. Basically, this meal happened because everything good found its way into one dish, and everyone approved.
Kind of like our Jalapeno Popper Baked Chicken, but without the peppers. 😃
And you won’t believe just how easy this is to make.
How To Make Baked Crack Chicken Breasts
- We start with frying our bacon until crispy.
- Remove cooked bacon from skillet. Keep bacon grease in the skillet and add the chicken breasts to cook just until browned on both sides; about 2 minutes per side. When done, transfer chicken breasts to a baking dish.
- Prepare the cream cheese by adding a tablespoon of ranch seasoning to it. I make my own ranch seasoning, but you can also use store-bought. Mix it up well with the cream cheese, and then spread a couple tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture on top of each chicken breast.
- Top with the cooked bacon and cheese; bake in a 400˚F preheated oven for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and serve.
All in all, you will need about 30 minutes from start to finish.
Besides, how can anyone not want this? Starting with the fact that it’s made with crispy bacon and ranch flavored cream cheese, and ending with the fact that it’s going to have that golden, melty cheese on top. ALSO, LOW CARB and KETO.
Friends, git ‘er done!
Make Ahead Crack Chicken
- Assemble everything in the baking dish, but don’t bake. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 to 2 days.
- Remove wrap and bake as directed.
How To Freeze Chicken Breasts
- Transfer cooled crack chicken to an airtight container and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- When ready to serve, remove from freezer the night before and let thaw in the fridge overnight.
- Reheat and serve.
MORE BAKED CHICKEN BREASTS RECIPES
- Juicy Caprese Baked Chicken
- Cheesy Chicken Spinach Bake
- Easy Cheesy Baked Chicken Breasts with Mushrooms
- Baked Chicken Parmesan
Baked Crack Chicken Breasts
- 4 slices thick cut bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 (1-pound, total) boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to ¼-inch thickness
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika
- chopped fresh parsley
- sliced green scallions
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the diced bacon; cook until crispy.
- Remove bacon from skillet and set aside. Don't discard bacon fat.
- Return skillet to heat and add vegetable oil to the remaining bacon fat.
- Pound chicken breasts to a ¼-inch to ½-inch thickness and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Add chicken breasts to the hot oil – you may have to do this in batches if the skillet isn't big enough – and cook chicken breasts for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom.
- Flip over the chicken breasts, add butter, and continue to cook for 2 more minutes or until browned.
- Remove chicken breasts from the skillet and arrange them in the previously prepared baking dish. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, dill weed, and chives; mix until thoroughly combined. Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly. See notes.
- Top each chicken breast with 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture. Spread to coat the surface of each chicken breast.
- Take half of the diced bacon and add on top of the cream cheese over each chicken breast.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the chicken breasts.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven.
- Garnish with remaining bacon, fresh parsley, and scallions.
- You can substitute the garlic powder, onion powder, dill weed, and chives with 1 Tablespoon of store-bought ranch seasoning mix.
- Keep leftovers tightly covered and store in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.