Baked Chicken Tenders with Chili Yogurt Sauce – Juicy, crispy, delicious chicken tenders coated with a flavorful parmesan panko mixture and served with a zingy chili yogurt sauce.
Baked Crispy Chicken Tenders
It’s a baked chicken tenders weeknight meal kind of day, and I’m so happy to share it with you.
FRIENDS, I have been making these Parmesan-Crusted Chicken Tenders from last year, on repeat, and no one has complained, YET. It’s the only time that I don’t have to deal with leftovers because we finish them up down to the last parmesan crumb. They are amazing.
However, to avoid meal repetition (and boredom!), I cooked up these Baked Chicken Tenders with Chili Yogurt Sauce and a new love was born.
There’s a secret to a tender chicken-tender and it’s called, yogurt.
Inspired by my recipe for this really good Garlic-Yogurt Baked Chicken, I dipped our chicken tenders in yogurt instead of dipping them in eggs, and gave myself a nice tap on the back. I mean, please notice how light and fluffy and crunchy they look.
Speaking of that crunch: a simple mixture of panko crumbs, parmesan cheese, and some seasonings are the required goods for LOADS of flavor.
Also? Now that I think about it, these would be perfectly awesome for a Sunday night football party! As long as you don’t forget the dipping sauce(s).
I am a huge fan of this chili yogurt sauce because I love the taste. It’s sweet, it’s peppery, it’s cool, and it’s creamy. If yogurt and chili ain’t your forte, you can alwaaaays turn to the best HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE of ev.errrr.
Squeezing a bit of chili sauce over the chicken tenders? That’s the way, aha aha, I like it, aha aha.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Baked Chicken Tenders with Chili Yogurt Sauce
- 1 pound chicken breast tenderloins, (about 10 to 12 pieces)
- 2/3 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1-1/2 cups panko bread crumbs, or pork rind crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Put 2/3 cup yogurt in a bowl; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine panko bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic salt, parsley, salt and pepper; mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Dip chicken tenders in yogurt, then toss in bread crumbs mixture, pressing to coat.
- Place chicken tenders on previously prepared baking sheet.
- Spray chicken tenders with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until cooked through and golden on top.
- In the meantime, prepare the yogurt sauce by combining the yogurt, sweet chili sauce, garlic, and parsley in a bowl; whisk until well combined.
- Serve baked chicken tenders with chili yogurt sauce on the side.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.