Snickers and Turtles Pie. Can we call it Snickurtle ???
I don’t know what/who/how to name this pie… it’s a pie where a snickers bar and a turtle candy meet and make a baby.
Then their baby is frozen.
And then that baby will soon become your new favorite ice cream/pie/cheesecake.
But there isn’t an actual snickers bar nor a turtle candy in there. It’s all homemade.
Look at that delicious mess!
I got this recipe from a friend’s mom. She brought this pie to my Bridal Shower few years back, and I just about died! I saw heaven as soon as I bit into it. (I really hope that there’s frozen pies in heaven…keeping my fingers crossed.)
I hunted her down a few days after my shower and we finally got her mom to give up the recipe. I thought it was going to be this extensive recipe with some intimidating method that I was going to be afraid to try… thank goodness it was none of that. It is soooo easy! The hardest part is waiting for it to freeze.
Like 5 hours. But it’s worth it!
The first time I made it I inhaled it; no surprise there.
The next time I made it my dad and I wolfed it down in one sitting. Two forks, one pie, and a father-daughter conversation.
We plan to repeat that today. The pie is in the freezer – chillin’.
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs or Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter , melted
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 cups thawed whipped topping
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans , toasted and divided
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping + more for drizzling on top
- 3 to 4 tablespoons melted chocolate for topping
- In a mixing bowl mix together the crumbs and melted butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- In your electric mixer’s bowl beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and peanut butter. Mix well.
- Toast the pecans over medium heat for 3 minutes on your stovetop – shake them frequently so they don’t burn.
- Add the whipped topping and half of the toasted pecans to the cream cheese mixture; blend well.
- On the bottom of the cookie crust spread 1/4 cup of caramel ice cream topping.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the caramel.
- Freeze for 3 hours.
- Take out the pie and spread the rest of the pecans over the top.
- Melt some chocolate and drizzle it with a spoon across the entire pie.
- When done with the chocolate, get the caramel topping and drizzle some more.
- Put it back in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Keep it frozen.
WW Freestyle SmartPoints: 13
I’m linking this up to Foodbeast. Check out their awesome site for all food-related news.
Happy Father’s Day!
Sign up to get new recipes via email & get an ebook with 9 favorite Thanksgiving Side Dishes!