No Bake Cookies and Cream Cheesecake – Fast and easy no bake cheesecake prepared with a delicious chocolate cookie crust and a lightened-up and creamy cheesecake filling.
I know what your Memorial Day needs! A cheesecake. A NO BAKE Cookies and Cream Cheesecake. A Cookies and Cream Cheesecake topped with strawberries.
And I just happen to have one ready for you…
Hello, my pals! TGIF! There’s a 3 day weekend ahead of us and I am ready to celebrate ONLY by sleeping in. That is all I ask for.
Well, that’s a 50% lie. What reality says is that I need, 1) sleep, and 2) a cheesecake.
Look, it can’t be celery and chicken around here all of the time. This girl needs cheesecake, and she needs it now. And if we can stick to a serving size, we might be able to sneak in 2 slices.
That’s definitely NOT how it works, but it’s a Holiday – a time to remember the fallen, a time to leave your worries behind, and a time to live on the edge. ✌
I recently picked up a few boxes of Trader Joe’s gluten free Joe Joe’s (TJ’s version of Oreos, but gluten free), and as I was looking down that box of perfectly stacked cookies, the only thing I wanted was to eat them all. Ain’t gonna lie. Those things are dangerous.
To keep myself from doing the unthinkable, I decided on a dessert that would take care of all the cookies + the hungry family, and I wouldn’t be the only one eating.
Enter whipped cream + whipped cream cheese.
No whipped topping around here, but if you want to use that instead of making your own whipped cream, go awwwn and do it. Life should be easy, even if it means using cool whip once in a greeeeeeat while.
Once you combine those guys together, the only thing left is to pour the creaminess result over the chocolate crust and freeze until set.
Add strawberries on top, and serve. Blueberries, too! To fit with the whole red, white, and blue theme. Just an idea. Wish I had thought of it before.
P.S. NOT into cookie crusts? Hop on over and get the recipe for my No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Salad ❤
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
No Bake Cookies and Cream Cheesecake
- FOR THE CRUST
- 25 Trader Joe's Gluten Free Chocolate Creme Cookies OR Oreos
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- FOR THE CHEESECAKE FILLING
- 16 ounces (2 packs) 1/3 less fat cream cheese or Neufschatel cheese softened
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- FOR THE STRAWBERRIES
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Place cookies in a food processor, and process until finely ground.
- In the meantime, combine chocolate chips and oil in a small microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute, stirring every 15 seconds, until melted.
- Add melted chocolate to the food processor and process until thoroughly combined.
- Spray a 9-inch tart pan or pie plate with cooking spray.
- Transfer chocolate cookies mixture to the tart pan and gently press the mixture into bottom and up the sides of the pan.
- Place in freezer for 20 minutes or until set.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese and lemon juice until smooth.
- Add whipping cream and beat with an electric mixer until batter is thickened.
- Add the sugar and continue to beat until stiff.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into previously prepared crust.
- Chill several hours, or over night.
- Before servings, prepare the topping by combining strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a mixing bowl; let stand for 20 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from freezer, top with strawberries, and serve.