No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Salad – Delicious, creamy, light and no-bake dessert that’s perfect for your Summer parties! No oven needed and everyone always asks for more!
It’s the most wonderful time of the yeeeeear! Strawberry time!! They were so cheap, I wanted to celebrate.
But, Hi Ya! Whatcha doin’? How’s your week?! Fingers crossed, everyone is having their best days, yet.
I’m really quite busy doing things like getting our pool passes, inhaling Banana Oats Chocolate Chip Cookies, and watching some stand-up comedy a.k.a. people in politics. Such gems.
In the meantime, I’ve also been looking through my old recipes here on Diethood, trying to figure out which ones I want to ditch/recreate and which ones I would like to update.
In doing so, I ran into this Easy Peasy Strawberry Dessert ⤵⤵⤵
AKA No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Salad.
⤴Love that photo, don’t you?! It’s from 5 years ago… We’ve come a long way, baby! 😉
Apparently, this Easy Peasy Strawberry Dessert IS legit and has its own name! But here I was, thinking that I made up the creamiest and easiest no bake dessert of ever… wha wha wha whaaaaa.
However, my recipe is a bit different than the other cheesecake salads as it only includes strawberries, but I also like to add strawberry jam to mine and stay far away from the powdered pudding mix.
The good news is that around here we fly through strawberries like WHOA. As one of the best fruits, the fact that they sit out on the counter and make my kitchen smell all sweet and summery, only helps their cause. Somehow, for our sake, I was able to hide a couple of pounds and make us a better version of that dessert from 5 years back.
Anywho. This is definitely something we are eating now – it’s simple but doesn’t lack flavor whatsoever because, (fat free) cream cheese and homemade whipped cream, and lots of strawberries.
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE SALAD
It’s ridiculously simple. We’re combining cream cheese with jam, whipping up our own whipped cream – let go of the Cool Whip – and just slicing up some berries. A few hours in the fridge, and tah dahm! See? Easy Peasy! Best, creamiest berry dessert of ever.
So if you don’t feel like making a complete cheesecake from scratch, I am here to tell you that it’s totally OKAY and completely appropriate to whip up something close to it, but without all the work. 4th of July may seem like a perfect time for it! Just sayin’. 😀
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
WATCH HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE SALAD
Delicious, creamy, light and no-bake dessert that's perfect for your Summer parties! No oven needed and everyone always asks for more!
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries , washed, dried, quartered, divided*
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) Fat Free Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar free Strawberry Jam
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- halved strawberries , for garnish
- finely ground nuts , for garnish (optional)
- In your mixer's bowl, beat together the cream cheese and the jam until well blended and smooth, about 4 minutes.
- Add a tablespoon of honey to the mixture and continue to mix just until combined. Set aside and keep in a cool place or refrigerate until ready to use.
- In the meantime, place a mixing bowl and your mixer's whisk attachment in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and add heavy whipping cream, sugar and vanilla to the mixer's bowl.
- Whisk on high speed until medium peaks form, about 1 minute.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the whipped cream into the previously prepared cream cheese mixture.
- In a tall trifle bowl or a glass salad bowl, arrange half of the strawberries on the bottom.
- Top that with half of the prepared cheesecake mixture.
- Add another layer of strawberries and top with the remaining cheesecake mixture.
- Arrange halved strawberries over the top and sprinkle with ground nuts.
- Refrigerate for at least four hours, overnight is best.
*Make sure to pat dry the strawberries with a paper towel.
WW Smart Points: 4