Grilled Corn with Feta Cheese and Chives Butter – Delicious and juicy grilled corn on the cob smothered with a creamy feta cheese compound butter!
Friends! Happy 4th of July! WE are celebrating America’s birthday with our favorite grilled corn recipe that has FINALLY found its way to zee bloggy!
…it involves feta cheese… Surprised?! Not if you’ve been coming around here for a little while! Oh.my.word. THE FLAVOR of this corn and buttah! Counting down the minutes until grill-time this afternoon.
But first, 4th of July Parade here we come! Looking forward to the crowds and the elbowing, all while trying to snatch a few candies for the kids…it’s brutal out there.
About that corn, though…
The best news, in my opinion, is that when corn is grilled, it’s THAT much better AND sweeter. I also love the smoky flavor that the grill adds to corn, but most importantly, I love love love the preparation method:
- Turn ON the grill.
- Place the *CORN IN HUSKS* on the grill.
- Close the grill
- 18-ish minutes later, BOOM! ⤵
⤴⤴⤴ Ain’t they gorgeous?
Grilled corn with a generous slathering of butter is indeed amazing, but adding some feta and herbs to that butter? Like, WHOA!
What you’re looking at is some crumbled feta, butter, fresh chives, and red pepper flakes.
All of this mixed together creates a creamy, salty, textured, buttery mixture (a.k.a. compound butter) that takes very little effort, but results in a winning combination for the perfectly grilled corn on the cob.
Lastly, please fire up that grill, throw that corn on it and get on this as soon as you possibly can. While the corn is on the grill, you’ll have plenty of time to make the delicious feta cheese and chives butter, which should take you no longer than 3.27 minutes to put together.
Happy 4th and be safe!!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Grilled Corn with Feta Cheese and Chives Butter
- 8 ears fresh corn in husks
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- salt and fresh ground pepper, optional, to taste
- Turn grill ON and set to medium heat.
- Place the corn on the grill; close to cover the grill and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, turning corn every 5 minutes, until kernels are tender.
- Remove from grill and let stand 5 minutes.
- When slightly cooled, pull husks away from corn and remove silk strings.
- In a mixing bowl combine butter, feta cheese, chives, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper; mash and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- When corn is ready, spread with the prepared butter mixture and serve.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.