This easy strawberry pretzel dessert has a crunchy pretzel crust topped with a layer of sweet cream cheese and a delicious strawberry jello topping. Fresh strawberry slices and a dollop of whipped topping take it over the top!
Need a dessert to bring to a bridal shower, baby shower, potluck, Mother’s Day!? Here it is! Quick, delicious, no-bake, and everyone’s favorite, Strawberry Pretzel Salad! The amazing combination of sweet, salty, creamy, and crunchy make this dessert a winner with any crowd.
Why People Love This Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
- Beautiful: With its distinct layers, it’s not only tasty but also visually striking.
- Unique Combo: The contrasting flavors of sweet and salty create a delicious taste experience.
- Versatility: It’s a versatile dessert that can be adapted for different occasions and preferences. It suits various events, from casual gatherings to more formal affairs.
How To Make Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
Many recipes call for a tub of cool whip to be mixed in with the cream cheese, but I like to make my own fresh whipped cream because it’s smoother, silkier, and tastes better. Also, for the gelatin, I almost always use sugar-free Jell-O (gelatin). If you are not into that, no biggie. Use whichever one you like.
- Preheat: Oven to 350˚F.
- Crust: Mix pretzels, butter, and sugar. Press into a 9×13-inch baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes, then cool.
- Cream Cheese Filling: Whip cream, vanilla, and sugar to stiff peaks. Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Spread over the crust, add walnuts, and refrigerate until chilled.
- Strawberry Topping: Dissolve gelatin in boiling water, stir in strawberries, and chill until partially set. Spoon over cream cheese layer.
- Chill for 6 hours or overnight until firm.
- Serve: Cut into squares, garnish with whipped topping and pretzels.
- Crust Consistency: Crush the pretzels to maintain texture and press them firmly into the baking dish.
- Cooling the Crust: Let the crust cool completely before adding the cream cheese.
- Cream Cheese Softness: Use room temperature cream cheese for easy and smooth blending.
- Coverage: Spread the cream cheese to the edges to seal the crust.
- Chilling: Chill adequately after adding each layer.
- Strawberry Layer: Spoon the strawberry mix when it’s partially set, but not liquidy.
- Garnishing: Add a dollop of whipped cream and pretzels just before serving.
- Serving Tip: Use a warm, sharp knife for clean slices.
Transfer the dessert to an airtight container to help retain its moisture and freshness, and consume it within 2 to 3 days for the best taste and texture. The crust can become soggy over time due to the moisture from the cream and strawberry layers. Freezing is not recommended for this dessert as the creamy and gelatin layers may not thaw well, affecting the texture and consistency.
Easy No Bake Desserts
- Cappuccino Dessert Recipe
- No Bake Skinny Blueberry Cheesecake Parfaits
- Red, White and Blue Tiramisu
- No Bake Cookies and Cream Cheesecake
- Banana Split No Bake Cheesecake
Strawberry Pretzel Dessert Recipe
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup granulated sugar, or your choice of sweetener
- 1½ cups cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, or your choice of sweetener
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, sliced
- whipped topping and pretzels for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pretzels, butter, and sugar.
- Press the pretzels into an ungreased 9×13-inch baking dish and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- In your mixer's bowl, combine the heavy cream, vanilla, and 2 tablespoons sugar; beat with a mixer until cream reaches stiff peaks. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth and creamy. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the prepared whipped topping.
- Spread the cream cheese filling over the cooled pretzel crust all the way to the edges; add walnuts on top and refrigerate until chilled.
- In a large bowl, add boiling water and gelatin; stir in the strawberries and chill in the fridge until partially set.
- Spoon the strawberry mixture over the chilled cream cheese filling.
- Chill the dessert for 6 hours or overnight, until firm.
- Cut it into squares and garnish with whipped topping and pretzels.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.