This easy strawberry pretzel dessert has a crunchy pretzel crust topped with a layer of sweet cream cheese and a delicious strawberry jello topping. Fresh strawberry slices and a dollop of whipped topping take it over the top!
STRAWBERRY PRETZEL DESSERT
Need a dessert to bring to Momma this weekend for Mother’s Day? HERE IT IS! Quick, delicious, NO BAKE, and everyone’s favorite, Strawberry Pretzel Salad! The amazing combination of sweet, salty, creamy, and crunchy make this dessert a winner with any crowd.
This Strawberry Pretzel Dessert Salad is one of my favorite cheesecake desserts of all time, together with my No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Salad. Growing up, I remember seeing this dessert at every bridal shower, Memorial Day picnic, summer party, and so on.
It is one of those dishes that goes with any summer gatherings, fancy or not, and it’s incredibly easy to make. You just gotta have a bit of time on your hands to prepare it. Chilling time is what takes up most of the preparations.
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY PRETZEL DESSERT
Many recipes call for a tub of cool whip to be mixed in with the cream cheese, but I like to make my own fresh whipped cream because it’s smoother, silkier, and it tastes better.
Also, for the gelatin, I almost always use sugar-free Jell-O (gelatin). If you are not into that, no biggie. Use whichever one you like.
- To start, we are going to make our pretzel crust which includes pretzels and butter. Once those two are combined, you’ll pop them in the oven and let them come together.
- While that cools, we will make the cream cheese layer and spread it over our pretzel crust and refrigerate it until chilled.
- In the meantime, we’re going to prepare our jello topping with fresh strawberries and strawberry gelatin, and let it partially set.
- When ready, gelatin will be spooned over our cream cheese topping and left to set in the fridge for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
Cut and serve is all there’s left to do! Top with more whipped cream, if you wish, and go at it. You won’t regret it.
MORE NO BAKE DESSERTS:
No Bake Skinny Blueberry Cheesecake Parfaits
No Bake Cookies and Cream Cheesecake
Banana Split No Bake Cheesecake
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #diethood on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Strawberry Pretzel Dessert Recipe
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar substitute or granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 cups cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 1-1/2 tablespoons sugar substitute or granulated sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) sugar free strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, sliced
- whipped topping and pretzels for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine pretzels, butter and sugar.
- Press prepared pretzels into an ungreased 9x13-inch baking dish and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- In your mixer's bowl combine whipping cream, vanilla, and 1-1/2 tablespoons sugar; beat until cream reaches stiff peaks. Set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese and remaining sugar together until smooth and creamy.
- Fold in the prepared whipped topping.
- Spread cream cheese filling over pretzel crust all the way to the edges; add walnuts on top and refrigerate until chilled.
- In a large bowl, add boiling water and gelatin; stir in strawberries and chill in the fridge until partially set.
- Spoon the strawberry mixture over the cream cheese filling.
- Chill 6 hours to overnight, or until firm.
- Cut into squares and garnish with whipped topping and pretzels.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.
11 comments on “Strawberry Pretzel Dessert Recipe”
I added a 1/4 more sugar to the cream cheese filling and a drained can of crushed pineapple.. and added the nuts.. pecans.. I used the juice from the pineapple with some water to equal 2 cups for the boiling water in the jello.. came out great.. I’ll definitely be making this again.. thank you so much for sharing your recipe with us
This is so perfect for summer picnics!
Made this yesterday and ate it today. Absolutely delicious. Thank you for indicating where we could cut some calories!
I love the flavor combination! Looks really good!
I love dessert, this one is perfect for me, thanks for sharing. It looks so yummy.
This is one of our favorite no bake desserts!
I’ve had this dessert before but not in a long while! So good, and now I’m totally craving it! I need to make it soon!
Oh wow, that looks SO good, I want a big piece of it NOW!
I always love to eat this treat at potlucks. I am glad to have the recipe for myself!
One of my favorites! Thanks so much for sharing…now I don’t have to waste time looking for my recipe. 🙂
OMG this recipe is INCREDIBLE! Love the strawberry pretzel combination.