Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble – Tangy and delicious mixture of strawberries and rhubarb topped with a buttery and sweet crumble. This is Heavenly!
Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble, also known as a Crisp, is a quick and easy to make desserts at only 197 calories per serving!
What do you think happens when there’s a Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble on your countertop, when you’re left alone?
It’s not every day that I am left at home all alone. No baby. No Hubby. Nobody. They all took off.
I should’ve been celebrating! I should’ve dedicated that alone time to myself. To my hair, my nails, my blog…
Instead, I ate half of this crumble pie. I’m not exaggerating. I ate half of it. I left a spoon inside the pie plate and every time I had to pass it up, I would stop and grab a bite.
Once I realized that I ate as much as I did, I felt so guilty that I had to tell someone about it. So I posted it on Facebook and Twitter.
Instead of just calling up my Mom – one person – I told hundreds, maybe even thousands.
I was just hoping that some of you would have my back. And you did! I was not alone. Many of you confessed to have done the same.
Lesson learned – don’t leave me alone with a pie. Especially this pie. It’s way too good!
Thanks to the wonderful blog, Smitten Kitchen, this really is the best version of strawberry-rhubarb crumble pie that I have tried. I have been making it for the past three years, and as soon as rhubarb appears, this is the first recipe that I make with it.
Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble
For the Topping
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar in the raw
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 stick of unsalted butter , melted
For the Filling
- 1-1/2 cups sliced rhubarb (about 1-inch slices)
- 4 cups of strawberries , hulled and quartered
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a mixing bowl add in the flour, baking powder, sugars, lemon zest, and the melted butter. Mix until clumps form; set aside.
- In a deep 9-inch pie-plate combine rhubarb, strawberries, lemon juice, sugar, cornstarch and a pinch of salt.
- Add the previously prepared topping over the fruit mixture.
- Place the pie plate on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake the pie for 45 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown and the fruit is bubbling.