Pie Crust Recipe – Wonderfully flaky, tender, and baked to a beautiful golden brown.
Isn’t that gorgeous? Golden brown and flaky, the way Pie Crust ought to be.
With all the work that you will be doing for the upcoming holidays, I thought you would probably appreciate a shortcut to a double pie crust. This is one of the quickest pie crust recipes I have ever come across. I do not know where it came from, but kudos to the person that thought of it!
PIE CRUST RECIPE
This homemade pie crust yields a flaky crust with a wonderful buttery flavor, and it’s prepared with very simple ingredients:
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE PIE CRUST
- Combine flour and salt in a food processor.
- Add butter and mix until combined.
- Add water and continue to process until dough comes together.
- Divide the dough into two balls and flatten into disks.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour before rolling out the dough.
Pie Crust Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter
- pinch of salt
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse together flour and salt.
- Add butter and mix until it resembles a coarse meal.
- With the machine running, slowly add water and process until a dough comes together.
- Add more water if dough seems too dry.
- Divide the dough into two equal size balls and flatten into disks.
- Wrap each disk in plastic wrap and chill at least 1 hour before rolling out.
- Roll dough out on a floured surface and then place in pie pan.
- Fill with your choice of pie filling.
- Roll out the second dough disk and place it over the pie filling.