Pie Crust Recipe – Wonderfully flaky, tender, and baked to a beautiful golden brown.
Isn’t that gorgeous? Golden brown and flaky, the way Pie Crust ought to be.
With all the work that you will be doing for the upcoming holidays, I thought you would probably appreciate a shortcut to a double pie crust. This is one of the quickest pie crust recipes I have ever come across. I do not know where it came from, but kudos to the person that thought of it!
PIE CRUST RECIPE
This homemade pie crust yields a flaky crust with a wonderful buttery flavor, and it’s prepared with very simple ingredients:
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE PIE CRUST
- Combine flour and salt in a food processor.
- Add butter and mix until combined.
- Add water and continue to process until dough comes together.
- Divide the dough into two balls and flatten into disks.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour before rolling out the dough.
Wonderfully flaky, tender, and baked to a beautiful golden brown.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter
- pinch of salt
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse together flour and salt.
- Add butter and mix until it resembles a coarse meal.
- With the machine running, slowly add water and process until a dough comes together.
- Add more water if dough seems too dry.
- Divide the dough into two equal size balls and flatten into disks.
- Wrap each disk in plastic wrap and chill at least 1 hour before rolling out.
Roll dough out on a floured surface and then place in pie pan.
Fill with your choice of pie filling.
Roll out the second dough disk and place it over the pie filling.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 7
Sign up to get new recipes via email & get an ebook with 9 favorite Thanksgiving Side Dishes!