Roasted Creamy Mushroom Soup – Loaded with roasted mushrooms, garlic and parmesan cheese, this Mushroom Soup is creamy, rich and delicious.
Gurrrl, it’s been way too long since we last discussed Soup!
But, first. Happy Sunday, pal!
Tell me, how is your weekend going! Are you having a wonderful time? Are you stuck indoors staring at the crazy-cold that is right outside of your door? Is there snow? ICE? Do tell! Because that is ALL I see! And it’s ICY. And I just rhymed.
Now, get over here, we have mushroom soup to talk about.
The key to this soup-awesomeness is the roasted mushrooms.
Tossing vegetables, or fungi, into the oven is one of my favorite pastimes. Breaking veggies down into releasing those sweet and smoky flavor notes is down right marvelous.
If I can digress for a moment, I’d like to briefly mention that if someone you know does not like vegetables, feed them roasted veggies. Trust me. Start with my Roasted Green Beans. I insist.
On to ‘shrooms.
I’m notorious for making a huge pot of soup every other day, especially during the winter months. Last night we had Minestrone, two days ago we had my Roasted Tomato Soup, and a week before that we had this hearty mushroom soup. It was everything I needed.
This soup went from whole mushrooms, then they were moved to a hot oven, and then to our favorite appliance, the blender.
With only a few fresh ingredients, the soup is incredibly simple and majorly satisfying. Me thinks it should be your Sunday Suppah!
Go awn now, ENJOY!
Roasted Creamy Mushroom Soup
- 2- pounds small button mushrooms
- 2 small yellow onions , sliced
- 4 garlic cloves , smashed
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian Seasoning
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 thyme sprigs , leaves removed
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 cups vegetable stock , divided
- 1 to 2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine mushrooms, onions, garlic, Italian Seasoning, salt, pepper and olive oil; toss to coat.
- Spread in one layer on previously prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until vegetables are roasted and tender.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables to a blender.
- Add thyme leaves, parmesan cheese and 1 cup vegetable stock.
- Blend until completely smooth. (Depending on the size of your blender, you may have to blend in batches.)
- Transfer soup to a stockpot and add remaining vegetable stock and 1 cup water.
- Stir and cook over medium-high heat until heated through.
- If soup is too thick, add water as needed.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Remove from heat and ladle into bowls.
WW SmartPoints: 7
NOTE: The link below is an “affiliate link” for Blendtec. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Thank YOU!