Garlic Butter Asparagus Pasta – Orzo Pasta and fresh Asparagus tossed in a garlic butter sauce and parmesan cheese. It’s a 20-minute, garlicky, cheesy, and amazing side dish!
And so it begins! Spring recipes ALL the things!
So, Hellooooh, friends! How are you?? Spring Break is next week for us and we have ZERO plans. Staycationing is the way to go. All the cool kids are doing it!
Besides, our planned one-month summer break in Macedonia should make up for it. Can’t WAIT!
Also in the good-news bucket, THIS creamy orzo pasta recipe with 6 INGREDIENTS + 20 MINUTES = 1-0 for us!
Garlic Butter is the sauce of Gods. It has to be. Just look at that layer of golden orzo and beautiful asparagus covered in said buttery amazingness… music to my tummy.
HOW TO PREPARE GARLIC BUTTER ASPARAGUS PASTA
This is one of those side dishes that forces me to go back and steal just one more bite (make that TEN) while I’m packing it up to put away in the fridge. Or worse? Packing it up into my husband’s lunch container! That means I’ll never see it again! Or at least not until I make it again… which will be tomorrow.
- Add butter to a skillet, stir in garlic and cook for 5 minutes. Continue to stir so the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Then, stir in the prepared orzo and asparagus stalks, along with the cheese, milk, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 1 minute, garnish with parmesan cheese, and serve.
IF your Friday night plans included pizza and a movie, scratch that. No, not the movie! Just the pizza. Trust me, the Garlic Butter Asparagus Pasta comes together WAY quicker than any pizza ever could. EVEN the frozen kind. Yep, faster than delivery, too!
Come awn, git ‘er done!
Craving more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered to your inbox! Follow Diethood on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest recipes and updates.
- 1 cup dry orzo
- 1- pound fresh asparagus , tips only (cut the asparagus about 2 to 3-inches from the top)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/4- cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- shredded parmesan cheese for garnish , optional
- Prepare orzo according to the directions on the package.
- Add the asparagus tips to the orzo the last 2-minutes of cooking.
- Remove from heat and drain.
- Add butter to a skillet and melt over medium heat.
- Stir in garlic and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until lightly browned, stirring very frequently. Do not burn the garlic.
- Add orzo and asparagus to the skillet; stir in the cheese, milk, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 1 minute, or until heated through.
- Remove from heat.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese.
WW SmartPoints: 11