Flavorful, meaty, and ready in minutes, Air Fryer Steak Bites and Mushrooms are practically the perfect meal! Low-carb and ultra-easy to cook.
The Easiest Steak Dinner Ever!
The next time you find yourself circling the grocery store wondering what to get for dinner, stop everything and grab two things: steak and mushrooms. Because, those two simple ingredients are the basis for the ultimate weeknight dinner – steak bites with mushrooms, cooked in the Air Fryer. 🤯
Why is this the ultimate weeknight dinner, you ask? Because it’s quick, healthy, hot, deeeelicious, and extremely easy to make. Doesn’t get any better than that!
To finish things off as quickly as possible, feel free to grab a salad and some rolls from the previously-mentioned grocery store, or check out the “Side Dish” section below. There are lots more easy ideas there.
What will you need to make this recipe? Basically just the steak, the mushrooms, and a few basic pantry items. Here’s the list:
- Steak: I use top sirloin steak, cut up into about 1-inch cubes.
- Mushrooms: Baby bella mushrooms are perfect, halved or quartered. Just about any kind of mushroom would be good, though.
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic Powder: You can add a little onion powder as well, if you like!
- Olive Oil: Avocado oil would be another flavorful, easy option.
- Worcestershire Sauce: Flavor for days!
- Optional Garnishes: Red pepper flakes and fresh parsley add the perfect finishing touch.
Which Cut of Steak Is Best for Air Frying?
For this recipe, you can use any reasonably tender steak. Tender steakhouse cuts like ribeye, Porterhouse, and New York strip would be great, but you can also get good results with a well-marbled sirloin or top sirloin (my top choice). Chuck eye steaks can be great, a fantastic replacement for ribeye, but they can also be tough, so use your best judgment on those!
How to Make Air Fryer Steak Bites with Mushrooms
Now that we’ve discussed the ingredients, let’s talk about the cooking method. It’s super easy, and only takes a few minutes.
(Psst: Need a recipe for the stovetop instead of the air fryer? 👉 Try these skillet Garlic Butter Steak Bites with Mushrooms!)
- Quickly Marinate the Steak and Mushrooms. Get out a large mixing bowl, and toss the cut-up steak and mushrooms in there. Sprinkle with the salt, garlic powder, and pepper, and pour in the olive oil and Worcestershire sauce. Give it a stir, and then set it aside for about 15 minutes.
- Place the Steak and Mushrooms in the Air Fryer Basket. Next, put the steak pieces and mushrooms into the air fryer basket, to create an even, single layer. If necessary, cook in batches so you don’t overcrowd the basket.
- Air-Fry! Cook at 400˚F for 4 minutes. Then give the basket a shake to stir everything around, and continue to cook for another 4 to 5 minutes. You’ll know the steak is done when its internal temperature registers at 130˚F for medium-rare. (If you want well-done steak bites, cook for 3 – 4 minutes longer.)
- Enjoy. Transfer the cooked steak and mushrooms to a serving dish, and garnish with red pepper flakes and parsley. Serve warm.
More Air Fryer Favorites
Want to know more? You’re in the right place. No gatekeeping here, you guys! I’m more than happy to share all of my best tips for juicy, flavorful steak bites. Read on, and bon appetit!
- Cutting the Steak: Make sure you don’t cut the chunks of steak too small. In this case, too large would be preferable to too little. The reason for this is that little pieces of steak are much easier to overcook in the heat of the air fryer.
- Room Temp Is Best: A good rule of thumb with almost all steak dishes? Let the meat sit out at room temperature for 10 to 20 minutes before cooking. Room temperature meat cooks more evenly.
- Wash If You Want: Some cooks insist that washing mushrooms leaves them waterlogged, but this advice is now getting some pushback, and for good reason. If your mushrooms need a quick wash, don’t worry about it! Just give them a quick, thorough rinse, and pat them dry or let them drain on a paper towel for a bit. Mushrooms are already a very watery veggie, and a little extra rinse won’t hurt.
Side Dish Inspiration
If you can resist eating the steak bites right out of the pan, then you might want to make a quick side dish or two to go with. I’ve got you covered, friend. These easy recipes and side dish ideas will make your meal complete!
- Potatoes: You seriously can’t go wrong with a potato dish, here – from mashed potatoes to potato wedges to these amazing Maple Mustard Roasted Potatoes, any warm and cozy spud recipe is a great choice!
- Zoodles: I will never not love fresh zucchini noodles – they’re just so mild, healthy, and easy to cook! Plus, they work well with almost any sauce, from marinara to teriyaki to cream. For steak bites, I’m thinking Creamy Ricotta Zucchini Noodles. They’re easy to make, and work beautifully as a side for almost any main course.
- Easy Veggies: Easy veggies can be anything you want – from an iceberg wedge to frozen peas that you boil, drain, and then top with butter. (If you go that route, make sure you salt the boiling water. You’re welcome.) But if you want something with an unforgettable flavor… you have to try these Sweet and Spicy Carrots and Green Beans! They’re just so good, you’ll want to make them all season long.
Storing and Reheating Instructions
- As always, leftover steak should be stored safely in the fridge, ideally in an airtight container or a food storage bag. Bags can be better, because you can squeeze out almost all of the air before you seal them. Either way, include any juices from the plate, to help keep the steak moist. Use within 3 days.
- When you’re ready to reheat, just dump the steak, mushrooms, and any juices into a skillet or saucepan. Cover with a lid, and set over low heat. Let it heat until the steak is completely warmed through, but don’t overcook it or the steak will dry out.
Can I Freeze Air Fryer Steak Bites?
- Yes, you can. Just place the cooled steak bites and mushrooms in a freezer bag, press out as much air as you can, and seal. Mark with the date, and freeze for up to three months. Thaw in the fridge before reheating.
Air Fryer Steak Bites with Mushrooms
- 1 pound top sirloin steak, cut up into about 1-inch cubes
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, halved or quartered
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- red pepper flakes, for garnish, optional
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish, optional
- Place cubed steak and cut mushrooms in a large mixing bowl.
- Season with salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Add in the olive oil and worcestershire sauce; toss to combine. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Arrange the steak and mushrooms in an even layer inside the air fryer basket. DO NOT overcrowd the basket. If needed, cook in batches.
- Cook at 400˚F for 4 minutes; shake and continue to cook for 4 more minutes, or until steak’s internal temperature registers at 130˚F for medium-rare. Use an Instant Read Meat Thermometer to check for doneness.Cook 3 minutes longer for a well done steak.
- Transfer steak and mushrooms to a serving plate.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes and parsley.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.
19 comments on “Air Fryer Steak Bites and Mushrooms”
Am looking for a recipe not an ingredient list and instruction list great garlic how much a clove a whole bottle or a partial teaspoon granulated or powder
Michael, the recipe is included, if you don’t want to read all the narrative just hit “jump to recipe” right under the recipe name heading, pretty simple. All ingredients, how much to use and step by step instructions . No need for a 1 star rating everything you asked for was already there.
Thank you! ❤️
Scroll down to the recipe card and you’ll find all the information that you need. You can also just click on the “Jump to Recipe” button that’s located at the top, right under the title of the recipe.
Mmmmm…. these steak bites look irresistible! Now I know what I will make for tonight!
Thank you so much! I hope you’ll enjoy it! 🙂
I love air fryer recipes and had to try this! It was so worth it, easy to make, tender and very delicious. Highly recommend this!
I am very glad you enjoyed it! Thank YOU! 🙂
This is SO good! Overflowing with flavors!
Thank YOU! I’m very glad you enjoyed it! 🙂
Such a fabulous meal! Need to make this soon!
I hope you enjoy it! Thank YOU! 🙂
How many servings?
So easy to make and was delicious! The best part is the air fryer does the hard part for you and comes out so tender!
I’m very glad you enjoyed it! Thank YOU! 🙂
My mouth is watering!! Love steak & mushrooms!! The meat & mushrooms are so tender & flavorful!
I hope you’ll love it! Thank YOU! 🙂