Garlic Butter Steak Bites with Mushrooms – Juicy Steak Bites with flavorful caramelized mushrooms cooked in a perfectly delicious garlic butter sauce. A one pan recipe that is SO simple to make and it’s ready in under 20 minutes!
GARLIC BUTTER STEAK BITES WITH MUSHROOMS
An easy and quick dinner recipe with seared Steak Bites and tender mushrooms sautéed in our favorite garlic butter sauce. The butter adds richness and keeps those steak bites juicy with the added flavors of seasonings and garlic.
My previous Honey Garlic Steak Bites and Chili Lime Steak Bites have been a reader favorite and I can definitely understand why. They are very simple to make and are perfect for a quick throw-together meal.
Thus, it was only a matter of time before I tried them in my favorite butter sauce and shared the experience with you. 😊
HOW TO MAKE STEAK BITES WITH MUSHROOMS
Steak Bites couldn’t be easier to make! For this recipe, I had the butcher cut up my steak into 2-inch cubes, and I picked up a package of pre-sliced mushrooms. Dinner was done in 15 minutes, from start to finish. 🙌
In this recipe, we’re going to use Sirloin Steak, and as noted, either, have the butcher cut it up into cubes or you can do it yourself.
If you can’t find/don’t have Sirloin Steak, you can also use Rib Eye, New York Strip, or Tenderloin Steak.
- Season the steak bites with salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and Italian Seasoning.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-bottomed pan or cast iron skillet – make sure the oil is hot before adding in the steak bites.
- Sear steak bites for a minute; flip over and add butter and garlic. Continue to cook for a minute longer, or until done. The steak bites should not take longer than 2 to 3 minutes to cook through. If you cook them too long, they will be very tough and chewy.
- Transfer steak bites to a plate and set aside.
- Add mushrooms to the same skillet and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in butter and more garlic and continue to sauté until done.
- Stir steak bites and drippings back into the skillet; cook for 30 seconds or until heated through.
This is an easy low carb dish that can be enjoyed as an appetizer, game day snack, or a main dish.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH STEAK BITES
You can also serve steak bites with Maple Mustard Roasted Potatoes. 😻
MORE STEAK RECIPES
- Garlic Herb Steak and Potato Foil Packs
- Pepper Steak Stir Fry
- Steak Fajita Roll-Ups
- Round Steaks Recipe with Creamy Cognac Sauce
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Juicy Steak Bites with flavorful caramelized mushrooms cooked in a perfectly delicious garlic butter sauce. A one pan recipe that is SO simple to make and it’s ready in under 20 minutes!
- 1 to 1.5 pounds Sirloin Steak, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Place steak cubes in a mixing bowl; season with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and Italian Seasoning. Toss to combine.
Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large cast iron skillet or a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat.
Add steak bites to the hot skillet in a single layer. If it doesn't sizzle, the skillet is not hot enough.
Sear the steak bites for 1 minute - do not move them around.
Using tongs or a spatula, flip the steak bites over.
Add 2 tablespoons butter and stir in half of the minced garlic.
Continue to cook for 1 to 2 more minutes, or until done. DO NOT OVERCOOK.
Transfer steak bites to a plate and keep covered.
Add remaining vegetable oil to the skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
Stir in the sliced mushrooms and season with salt and pepper.
Cook for 3 minutes, or until browned.
Add remaining butter and stir in the rest of the garlic; let cook 2 to 3 more minutes, or until soft.
Stir the steak and drippings back into the skillet and cook for 30 more seconds or until heated through.
Remove from heat.
Let stand 5 minutes.
Garnish with parsley and serve.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 10
NET CARBS: 2g
- If your skillet isn't big enough, you may have to cook the steak bites in 2 to 3 batches.
- If you can’t find/don’t have Sirloin Steak, you can also use Rib Eye, New York Strip, or Tenderloin Steak.