Delicious and zesty Chili Lime Steak Bites seared to tender perfection in a tangy chili lime sauce. This recipe is quick, easy, and packed with bold flavors.
Why We Love These Steak Bites
- Flavorful: The combo of chili and lime offers a slightly spicy taste that’s so delicious.
- Quick: Ready in 15 minutes, this recipe is perfect for a last-minute dinner.
- Versatility: Ideal for everything from a cozy family dinner to a party snack.
- Tender: The searing technique results in perfectly juicy and tender sirloin steak.
Ingredients You’ll Need
We create the magic of our Chili Lime Steak Bites with just a handful of the following simple ingredients!
- Sirloin Steak: Sirloin is great for quick cooking but ribeye can also work.
- Chili Paste: Adds a spicy kick. Use hot sauce or red pepper flakes as an alternative.
- Honey: Balances the heat with a touch of sweetness. If needed, maple syrup is a good substitute.
- Lime (Juice and Zest): Provides a fresh, citrusy zing.
- Garlic Powder, Kosher Salt, Black Pepper: This classic seasoning trio enhances the meat’s natural flavors.
- Olive Oil: For searing. Canola or vegetable oil are good alternatives.
How To Make Chili Lime Steak Bites
This is a very quick recipe that packs plenty of flavors. The lime not only adds flavor but also helps in tenderizing the meat. Also, this dish’s ease and flavor make it a great introduction to cooking with steak for beginners.
- Cut the sirloin steak into 1/2-inch cubes. Toss the cubed steak in a zesty sauce of chili paste, honey, and seasonings.
- Sear the steak bites in a hot cast iron skillet until just cooked – about 2 to 3 minutes total.
- Add fresh lime juice and lime zest to the hot pan; mix it around before removing it from the heat.
- Transfer the steak bites to a serving platter and enjoy.
Recipe Tips And Variations
- Hot skillet. Ensure your skillet is hot enough for a proper sear.
- Adjust to taste. Experiment with different levels of spiciness by adjusting the chili paste.
- Garnish. Add a sprinkle of fresh herbs like cilantro for extra flavor.
You can serve these steak bites with a side of my Garlic Parmesan Sugar Snap Peas alongside this Instant Pot Mashed Cauliflower. Top a Green Goddess Salad with them, or serve them as an appetizer with toothpicks for easy handling.
How To Store Leftovers
- Refrigerate steak leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Reheat gently in a skillet or microwave to retain tenderness.
Other Steak Recipes
Chili Lime Steak Bites
- 1 pound top sirloin steak, cubed
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili paste, add more if you like it spicier
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- Cut the steak into 1/2-inch cubes. Then, place the steak cubes in a mixing bowl; season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and stir to coat the steak bites.
- Add chili paste and honey to the steak bites; stir until well coated.
- Heat a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Hold your hand 6 inches above the skillet, and when you can feel the heat, add the olive oil and swirl it around.
- Add the steak bites to the hot skillet in a single layer. If it doesn't sizzle, the skillet is not hot enough.
- Sear the steak bites for 1 minute – do not move them around. Using tongs, flip the steak bites over. Continue to sear for a minute longer, or until done.
- Transfer the steak bites to a plate; set aside.
- Add the lime zest and lime juice to the hot skillet and stir to combine; pour the lime sauce over the steak bites.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.