This Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Seeds recipe is totally addictive! Sweet roasted pumpkin seeds tossed with a delicious cinnamon sugar topping. It’s the perfect snack to make with the leftover seeds from your holiday pumpkins.
AN EASY & SWEET PUMPKIN SEEDS RECIPE
What I’m basically trying to say is, DO NOT throw away those pumpkin seeds! Instead, you can make this healthy and awesome snack with just 5 ingredients.
HOW DO YOU EAT PUMPKIN SEEDS?
I didn’t really care for pumpkin seeds until I met my husband, the guy that eats handfuls of pumpkin seeds every time he’s in the car, no matter the distance, no matter the time, no matter the season.
Here’s what though; he spits out the shells. 😐Uhmmm, that’s too much work for one tiny bite, if you ask me.
For that reason, I taught him how NOT TO DO THAT: Roast your pumpkin seeds with all the flavors that you want and eat them whole. Like these Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Seeds. Mmm’kay?! GREAT!
WHAT ARE SOME FLAVORS YOU CAN USE WITH PUMPKIN SEEDS?
I like to enjoy pumpkin seeds with some added sweetness, like cinnamon and sugar, but you can also drizzle olive oil over the seeds and season with salt and pepper. Or, you can kick it up a notch and add some curry powder, or garlic powder plus dried herbs.
Play around with your favorite flavors and I guarantee you will love ’em!
HOW DO YOU CLEAN PUMPKIN SEEDS?
- Remove pumpkin seeds from pumpkin and place them in a colander.
- Run lukewarm water over the pumpkin seeds until clean.
This part is totally optional, but if you have digestive issues, I recommend it: Dissolve a tablespoon of salt in 4 cups water. Soak pumpkin seeds in salted water overnight, OR for 8 hours.
HOW DO YOU ROAST PUMPKIN SEEDS?
- Thoroughly dry the pumpkin seeds and spread seeds on an ungreased baking pan. I line mine with parchment paper to minimize the mess. Less mess, less stress, hunny. 🙌
- Melt butter and toss pumpkin seeds with melted butter.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin pie spice; sprinkle over pumpkin seeds to coat.
- Bake for 18 minutes at 350˚F, or until lightly browned and crisp.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes; then, serve.
ARE PUMPKIN SEEDS HEALTHY?
Pumpkin seeds are a healthy and delicious snack rich in antioxidants, iron, zinc, magnesium, and more. They can keep your heart healthy by reducing blood pressure and increasing good cholesterol.
HOW TO STORE ROASTED PUMPKIN SEEDS
- Store completely cooled pumpkin seeds in an airtight container and keep at room temperature for 8 to 10 days.
- They can also be refrigerated for up to a month.
MORE HOLIDAY SNACKS RECIPES
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Sweet roasted pumpkin seeds tossed with a delicious cinnamon sugar topping.
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds with shells (you can also buy RAW pumpkin seeds at your local grocer)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Preheat oven to 350˚F
Spread pumpkin seeds on an ungreased 15x10 baking sheet.
Pour melted butter over pumpkin seeds and toss to combine.
In a small mixing bowl combine brown sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and nutmeg; sprinkle over seeds and stir until combined.
Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until lightly browned and crispy, stirring once halfway through roasting.
Remove from oven and let cool about 10 minutes.