Spiked Apple Cider is a delicious, spicy and boozy mixture of apple juice, orange juice and rum. This spiked cider is perfect for Halloween, Thanksgiving and fall!
Spiked Apple Cider Is One Of My New Favorite Cocktails
What am I supposed to do with all this Spiked Apple Cider? …said no one, ever. Dude. It’s spiked! You know you drink your beverages a lot faster when they got some happy-juice in there, right? RIGHT?!
I think I am breaking a record with all these apple recipes. That tree in my backyard, God bless it, but it just keeps on giving. For goodness sake, I am running out of apple-things to make. I mean, I put apples in my soup. In my soup! That makes it pretty clear that I am willing to do whatever it takes not to have to throw any of these beautiful apples away. And, as you can see, I am now using them as props for apple cider.
I Added A Fun Twist To A Classic Spiked Apple Cider Recipe
Truth be told, a few weeks ago I was browsing through my old posts and I ran across one old blog post that kinda made me cringe. This was back in the day when I had not one clue about photography. Zero.Zip.Zilch. Clueless. I thought I was good to go just as long as my photos were as bright as the sun. I also thought the closer you get to the subject, the more it will tempt you, the reader, to want to lick your screen.
Ready to see what I’m talking about? Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
Here’s my old post on Spiked Apple Cider in Apple Cups.
Hot stuff, eh? Did you lick your screen? 😛
Of course they’re not the hottest cups you’ve ever seen (and the reason why I am posting the recipe again), but the hot juice inside of them is SO GOOD! Besides, the Jack O’ Lantern apples are pretty awesome, too! They were inspired by my Jack O’ Lantern Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. Adorable!
Have you ever had warm and spiked apple cider? It’s incredible. Especially when it’s chilly outside.
I make it for my husband and I quite often during the cold season. I make sure to wrap myself in a huge blanket, even if I’m not cold, just because. Aren’t you supposed to do that?! It’s like when you put cookies out for Santa on Christmas Eve. Just because. Even if you didn’t have kids at the time… Still not weird.
Spiked Apple Cider
- 6 apples for the apple cups
- lemon juice
- 3 cups apple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup dark rum
- cinnamon sticks
- Cut off the tops of the apples.
- Using a paring knife, cut out shapes to make jack o' lantern faces.
- Using a melon baller, scoop out the inside of the apples, leaving at least 1/8-inch of apple flesh on the sides and 1/4-inch on the bottom. If you scoop out more, the apple cider will drain through the jack o' lantern face.
- Squeeze lemon juice over apples to prevent from browning and set aside.
- Combine apple juice, orange juice, caramel topping, cinnamon, and allspice in a large saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, stir in the rum, and pour into the apple cups.
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks.
- Serve immediately.