Chicken Piccata Pasta – Light and delicious pasta prepared in one pot with chicken and a fantastic lemon-capers sauce.
AN EASY CHICKEN PICCATA RECIPE
Oh PICCATA PASTA! What can I even say? We (mostly my carb-obsessed husband and daughter) heart this lightened-up, carb lovers spin on chicken piccata. It’s basic, it’s wonderful, and it all takes place in just one pot WINNING!
How you doin’, by the way?? I’m still trying to adjust to Fall. Having a hard time saying goodbye to warm weather. Nonetheless, I whipped out the orange and brown decor, but I have yet to decorate with it… I got pumpkins, too! AND, I also cooked up a bunch of stuff with butternut squash, including this Butternut Squash Lasagna.
So, clearly, I’m more than half way to welcoming the season.
Doesn’t this pot of Chicken Piccata Pasta also remind you of Fall? ME NEITHER! Even so, there’s lemon in it and lemon is totally in-season.
If you’ve been hanging out with me for a while, you will know that I have a thing for cooking together a main dish + a side dish all in the same pot.
Case in point, this other One Pan Chicken Piccata and Rice. Also, One Pot Creamy Ziti with Andouille Sausage and Mushrooms, or One Pan Maple Mustard Chicken and Potatoes. It’s how I roll and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN PICCATA PASTA
Here’s how THIS one pot of Chicken Piccata Pasta amazingness is going to come together and you won’t believe how easy it is.
- First we’re going to cook up bites of chicken just until nicely browned and no longer pink.
- We will then stir in the liquids, capers, and spaghetti, give it around 13-15 minutes to cook, and finally serve. Nothing more to it and cleanup is a breeze.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX! FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Chicken Piccata Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups low sodium, fat free chicken broth
- 1 whole lemon juiced and grated
- 8 ounces dry spaghetti pasta
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- thin lemon slices (optional) for garnish
- fresh grated parmesan cheese for garnish
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a dutch oven or a nonstick pot.
- Add chicken to heated oil and season it with salt and pepper; cook for about 6 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add shallots and garlic; continue to cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken broth and lemon juice; bring to a boil.
- Stir in spaghetti and capers; lower heat to medium and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until most of the liquid is absorbed and pasta is cooked.
- Stir in milk and cook for 1 minute.
- Garnish with lemon slices, grated parmesan cheese, and fresh parsley.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.