Breaded Baked Pork Chops with Bacon-Kale Pesto – Tender and delicious Pork Chops coated in oyster crackers and cheese served with a side of a truly mouthwatering homemade Bacon-Kale Pesto.
Don’t cha know?! Pork on pork with a side of cheese and kale is the new YUM!
Hi Hey YO! How goes it? For us, it’s a sweet day because this is my little Ana’s last day of Kindergarten! AND she graduated with honors!
Apparently, knowing how to count to 100 by ones, fives and tens, and that the color pink comes in many shades (and she knows all of them), deserves a medal! Go figure. BUT YAY!!
SO! This is the story of how I bought 4 ingredients and made one of my favorite dinners of all time – Breaded Baked Pork Chops with Bacon-Kale Pesto.
I’m pretty sure kale and bacon were never intended to be served together, like at the same time…
and should probably never be in the same sentence let alone in the same title, AND right next to each otherrrr?!? BUT they made me do it!
People! I’m on Chopped! YES, that Chopped!
Okay, psych! I’m not really ON Chopped, I’m just playing along and for a good cause.
But, there’s more!
If you can get creative and come up with your best Chopped-inspired dish featuring Sargento® Chef Blends 4 State Cheddar and enter the Chopped at Home contest, you could win $10,000! $10K!!! That’s a whole lotta moolah.
With my last Chopped basket, I created delicious Mediterranean White Chicken Enchiladas with white sauce and cheese and peppers and love…
This time around, my Chopped basket included kale, bacon, oyster crackers and Sargento® Chef Blends 4 State Cheddar. All I could think was, simple dinner that has rockin’ flavor, please come to me! AND IT DID!
With an addition of only a few more simple ingredients – pork, walnuts, basil, garlic – I created a recipe that tastes so dang good and doesn’t take a lot of time to make.
When this all cooks up, it’s going to look like a very fancy dinner. You’ll see. However, fancy goes right out the door the moment you start eating the pesto straight from the bowl and tearing up at the pork chops while still standing. It wasn’t me…
Craving more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered to your inbox! Follow Diethood on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest recipes and updates.
Breaded Baked Pork Chops with Bacon-Kale Pesto
BREADED BAKED PORK CHOPS
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup oyster crackers
- 1/2 cup Sargento® Chef Blends 4 State Cheddar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 6 thin-cut pork chops
- 2 cups packed baby kale leaves
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup halved walnuts
- 4 slices low-sodium bacon , cooked to a crisp and crumbled
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
BREADED BAKED PORK CHOPS
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly coat a 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine milk and egg in a bowl; whisk until well incorporated.
- In your food processor bowl, combine crackers, cheese, oregano, salt and pepper; process until crumbly.
- Transfer crackers mixture to a shallow dish.
- Coat pork chops in crumb mixture.
- Dip in egg mixture and into crumbs again.
- Arrange pork chops in previously prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip over the pork chops, and continue to cook for 12 to 15 minutes more, or until cooked through. Pork is done when internal temperature registers at 150 degrees.
- While the pork chops are cooking, prepare the pesto.
- Combine all ingredients in your food processor and process until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl with a spatula as necessary.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- If you prefer, add more extra virgin olive oil for a thinner consistency.
Remove pork chops from oven and let stand a few minutes.
Transfer pork chops to dinner plates.
Top each pork chop with a tablespoon of pesto.
Transfer remaining pesto to a jar with a lid.
Keep in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
WW SmartPoints: 17
Available in 30 versatile varieties, unique blends and distinct cuts, Sargento Shredded Cheese is always cut from blocks of 100% real, natural cheese. For more inspiration, check out the Sargento Pinterest page Pinterest.com/sargentocheese/ or visit Sargento.com for more information. The Chopped at Home Challenge gives viewers a chance to create their best recipe using the selected basket ingredients, including Sargento Shredded Cheese, for a chance to win $10,000!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento. The opinions and text are all mine.