Roasted Garlic and Asparagus Soup – Deliciously creamy, yet healthy and easy to make soup with roasted garlic and asparagus.
Check out all the silkiness going on up in there! LOVES IT!
HI Hey HI! #TGIF! Meaning, finally, Friday is here, which also means the weekend is about to start! But not before I hop over to my daughter’s class and throw them a Valentine’s Day partaaaay! 🎉 💗
Please, wish me luck! Somehow, when I think of 24 seven-year olds loading up on V-day candy and chocolates? I think about taking an anti anxiety pill.
Kidding!! Kind of…? Halfway. 😉
God Bless teachers. That’s all I gotta say. 😇
In the meantime, could I please turn your attention to Exhibit A? A for Asparagus.
Today we’re turning perfectly GREEN vegetables into dinner, and the perfect dose of garlic to go with it all.
Sometime last week my other half asked me how much he would have to pay for me to make him our favorite Asparagus Soup. To which I replied, “Pay me in SJP shoes, hunny!”. 👠 😍 😉<<< all said in Nene’s voice.
Apparently, and according to him, I hadn’t made that soup for us in over a year, and he was sad. So, so sad. Thus, what’s a wifey to do? That’s right. I made the soup. …and THEN I ordered a new pair of shoes. 😜
You guys. The love I had for my previous asparagus soup recipe may be overtaken now by this Roasted Garlic and Asparagus Soup. Recipe. I cannot get enough.
What’s more is that this one comes together quicker and way, way easier.
All we’re doing here is throwing a bunch of asparagus stalks and 10 garlic cloves into the oven, then we puree all of that in a blender, pour it into a pot, heat it up for several minutes and TA-DAAAAHM! Soup is served.
Also! Do you know what would be fantastic in this? Croutons. Yah, that would be the cherry on top.
Now let’s stuff our face with soup. 🍴 I like you. 💖
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Roasted Garlic and Asparagus Soup Recipe
- 2 pounds asparagus , trimmed
- 10 garlic cloves , smashed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup 2% milk
- cracked pepper and chopped parsley , for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Toss asparagus and garlic with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange asparagus and garlic on prepared baking sheet in one layer.
- Roast for 12 minutes, or until asparagus is soft, stirring once.
- Remove from oven and transfer asparagus and garlic to a blender.
- Add broth and milk.
- Blend until smooth. Depending on how large your blender is, you might have to do this part in batches.
- Transfer soup to a soup pot.
- Warm soup over medium-high heat, thinning with more broth by 1/4 cupfuls, if desired.
- Season with salt and pepper. Continue to taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Ladle into bowls.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Recipe NotesWW SmartPoints: 6
This soup can be made one day ahead. Once prepared, let cool; cover and refrigerate. Rewarm before serving.
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE: