This post is sponsored by STAR FINE FOODS, maker of awesome Olive Oils, Vinegars, glazes, capers, anchovies, onions, and the list goes ON and ON!
Thank YOU, friends, for supporting the brands that make Diethood possible!
Lemon Chicken Fettuccine – This one pot Lemon Chicken Fettuccine is a fresh and easy take on dinner, tossed with tomatoes, mushrooms, lemon juice and olive oil.
Lemon–Chicken, mmmkay? YAHSSS!
I need a pasta intervention. I seem to make pasta every other day. Every few days I change it up a bit and make us eat green things, like Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Avocado and Pistachios. OR, I get all ethnic on us and prepare this Meat and Potato Gratin. A-may-zing!
However, one thing does not change; I always manage to throw the entire contents of my fridge in a pan.
Here we have lemon, chicken, tomatoes, mushrooms, fettuccine… blood, sweat, tears… I forgot the pickles.
As far as I see it, if I can have my pasta, protein, AND some veggies in one pot, sans creamy sauce?? It’s a definite winner! I mean, creamy sauce wins, always, but sometimes the jiggle beneath my wings insists on healthier options.
Thus, when I found this pretty little bottle of Borges Extra Virgin Olive Oil, I couldn’t wait to make something healthy-errrr. As soon as I tasted it, I thought about lemon and chicken, with a side of fettuccine, of course.
Borges Extra Virgin Olive Oil provides provides the perfect flavor for any dish; from veggies to poultry, and from seafood to juicy red meats. It’s perfect when used in marinades and bread dipping, but it’s also great for roasting and for salad dressings.
And, while this pasta dish is pretty and comforting, and easy, it’s also warm, citrusy and incredibly delicious. Essentially, we’re adding boiled pasta into a pan with chicken. And ‘shrooms, and tomatoes.
Also… don’t be alarmed that the “lemon” comes last. Yeah. Together with the rich BORGES Extra Virgin Olive Oil, it pulls this entire meal together, making you want to scrape every last bit of this Lemon Chicken Fettuccine that’s sitting in that pan.
BORGES EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL is available at Ralphs, Bashas, Smith’s, King Soopers, Fry’s, and Kroger (Texas).
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 8- ounces Fettuccine, cooked according to the directions on the package
- 3 tablespoons Borges Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 to 4 boneless chicken breast halves , cubed
- salt and pepper , to taste
- 1 pint sweet grape tomatoes , halved
- 1 package (8-ounces) mushroom slices
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons Borges Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lemon , juiced
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- salt and pepper , to taste
- grated parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add cubed chicken pieces.
- Season with salt and pepper; cook until chicken is browned on all sides, stirring occasionally.
- Add halved grape tomatoes, sliced mushrooms and parsley; frequently stirring, continue to cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Add cooked fettuccine to chicken mixture and cook until heated through, stirring frequenty.
In a mixing bowl or a jar, combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper; shake it or stir it until thoroughly mixed.
- Stir into pasta mixture.
- Remove from heat.
- Taste for salt and pepper; adjust accordingly.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
WW SMART POINTS: 12
RECIPE SOURCE: DIETHOOD
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE: