This post is sponsored by STAR FINE FOODS, maker of awesome Olive Oils, Vinegars, glazes, capers, anchovies, onions, and the list goes ON and ON!
Thank YOU, friends, for supporting the brands that make Diethood possible!
Chicken and Rice Fajitas in Foil – Incredibly delicious and easy to prepare fajitas with chicken, peppers, onions and rice all cooked in foil packets. Easy, quick and SO GOOD!
Hi YA! Happy Superbowl Sundaaaaay! I’m now leaning towards the Falcons… where are you at? I’m also leaning towards eating cake for breakfast, lunch, dinner and the rest of forever, but hey. we’re all dreamers… 😉 Kidding! I’m sure they’re all great! I’m just looking forward to the Patriots’ eye candy of a quarterback – that is what’s going to make me watch. AND it’s his 7th Superbowl?!? DAYYYY-um! Good on him.
In all honesty, though, you will most likely find me at the buffet table, trying each and every dish that was brought to the party. It’s just how I roll, and it’s what I call “research”. In the end, it will benefit you and me, both.
Superbowl shmuperbowl, believe it or not, there’s more important things to discuss. Like, the fact that February is Heart Health Month and our STAR Fine Foods’ Extra Virgin Olive Oil is going to aid us in making those heart-healthy food choices.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil is loaded with antioxidants, some of which have powerful health benefits. According to studies, a diet rich in olive oil could improve the arterial function in individuals and possibly reduce the risk of a stroke.*
Studies have also confirmed that a Mediterranean diet is healthy and cuts the risk of heart disease. This is mostly contributed to the exclusive use of olive oil in their diet because, monounsaturated fats found in Olive Oil help lower “bad” LDL cholesterol.**
Doesn’t all that info make you want to drink a bottle of Star Fine Foods Olive Oil? Worked on me! 😆
Last year we celebrated this day with Tomato Pesto Salmon and Rice Recipe Baked in Foil, and today, something similar, but quite different, we’re going to kick it off with this delicious recipe for Chicken and Rice Fajitas in Foil.
If you’ve come to my corner of the internet webs on a few occasions, then you definitely know my obsession with food cooked in foil. I love it *thiiiiis* much! It’s healthy, it’s dang delicious, AND, cleanup is a breeze. Which, in all honesty, is probably the best part. And the fact that it’s healthy.
This nice fajitas in foil dinner calls for a few minutes of slicing which is my equivalent of kitchen therapy. No one is allowed to bother me during my time of focus while singing, “Don’t wanna know know know know…”
I’m also going to have you make that Homemade Fajitas Seasoning Mix – it only takes a minute. If you don’t want to use that one, any taco seasoning packet will do.
What I am mostly proud of here is the rice. Yep, the rice. It cooks together with the chicken. To me, this is magic. You just combine the rice with water + seasonings, and then transfer it to the foil. Chicken goes on top of the rice, followed up by the peppers and onions. 38-ish minutes later, this is what you’re going to end up with:
STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil is available at retailers nationwide including Safeway, Kroger, Vons, Albertsons, Food 4 Less, Save Mart, Target, Walmart, Schnucks, Food Lion, Stater Bros., Raley’s, Smart & Final, Bashas, King Soopers, Vallarta, Jewel, Smith’s, Dierbergs, HEB and Ralphs and ONLINE.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
- 4 large sheets of foil
- cooking spray
- Homemade Fajitas Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup white minute rice
- 1 cup warm water
- 4 boneless , skinless chicken breasts
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 red bell pepper , sliced
- 1 green bell pepper , sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper , sliced
- 1 onion , sliced
- 1 tablespoons STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- lime juice
- sliced avocados
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Spray foil sheets with cooking spray and set aside.
- Prepare the Fajitas Seasoning Mix.
- Combine rice, water, and 1 tablespoons fajitas seasoning mix in a bowl; stir until well incorporated.
- Using a slotted spoon, divide the rice mixture evenly over each foil.
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and rub with some of the fajitas seasoning mix.
- Place chicken over rice.
- Arrange peppers and onions on the sides of each chicken breast.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over all the ingredients.
- Combine shredded cheeses and divide the cheese mixture evenly over each chicken breast.
- Fold the sides of the foil over the chicken, covering completely; seal the packets closed.
- Transfer the foil packets to a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 to 33 minutes, or until chicken's internal temperature reaches 165F.
- Remove from oven and carefully open up the foils; put the packets under the broiler for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from broiler.
- Squeeze lime juice over food.
- Garnish and serve.
“February is American Heart Month and STAR wants to help you eat heart-healthier with olive oil!
Consuming 2 tbsp. of olive oil daily may reduce your risk of heart disease.* Olive oil naturally contains monounsaturated fats which promote HDL (good cholesterol) while lowering LDL (bad cholesterol).
*Limited and not conclusive scientific evidence suggests that eating about 2 tablespoons (23 grams) of olive oil daily may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease due to the monounsaturated fat in olive oil. To achieve this possible benefit, olive oil is to replace a similar amount of saturated fat and not increase the total number of calories you eat in a day. See nutrition information for saturated fat content.
STAR wants to help you eat healthier with olive oil! Take their quiz to learn more about using STAR Olive Oil in your cooking and enter for your chance to instantly win one of 80 prizes. Plus, all entries will be included in a random Grand Prize drawing at the end of the promotion for a chance to win a PUBLIC bike!”