One Skillet Dijon Chicken with Mushrooms and Chives is a delicious chicken dinner idea! Tender chicken served with a lightened-up Dijon Cream Sauce loaded with mushrooms and chives. One skillet, super EASY dinner, and done in under 30 minutes!
I could swim in this dijon chicken. It’s so creamy and honestly awesome! AND! A life-saver! Okay, not necessarily a “life” saver, but definitely a dinner-time-saver.
HEY HI! Happy mid-week, buds!
Just when I think I can’t get any more predictable… oh wait. Yes, I can! It’s chicken for din din again!
…In one skillet. In 30 minutes. Just sayin’.
Dijon Chicken is probably one of the very first “fancy” dinners I learned to make via the Food Network. I thought I was DA BOMB that first time I made it. There was pride bursting out of my pores.I was also barely 17, flipping grilled cheese sandwiches one day, and making impressive dinners the next. Moment of pride was totally acceptable.
Our dinner was so elegant and dreamy, it looked like something I had ordered at one of them mucho expensivo restaurants.
Don’t worry. I know. It’s not a complicated dish, buuuuuut I was cool like dat.
Very recently, my Mom called me, and soon after our Hi’s and I love you’s, she says, “Katerina, I just bought some of that worsheshtirchire sauce. Now what?”.
Um. Well, for starters, it’s Worcestershire Sauce! Secondly, make DIJON CHICKEN!
What happened next was pretty awesome. She stopped by my house, dropped off the Worcestershire Sauce and, in her very Macedonian thick accent, told me, “You MAKE IT!”.
Luckily, just days before, I received the coolest Non-Stick Pro Saute Pan from OXO and breaking it in with this recipe is just what the doctor ordered. Or what my mom ordered… semantics.
Buhlieve me when I say that your non-stick pan ain’t got nothin’ on OXO’s non-stick pan. Fo’ reals. I was so impressed, I can’t get enough of it.
- Hard-anodized aluminum ensures superior heat retention and even cooking. (YEP!)
- German-engineered (ALWAYS AN AWESOME THING! We own an Audi… I may be biased… ), PFOA-free, 3-Layer, Non-Stick coating allows for effortless food release.
- Rolled edges designed for drip free pouring. (BEST stuff ever!)
- Contoured handles designed to stay cool to the touch for a comfortable grip. (I’m always the person that forgets the kitchen mitts and burns her fingers, thus this totally works out in my favor.)
- Durable, all-metal construction allows cookware to move directly from stovetop to oven and broiler. Glass lids are oven safe up to 430°F. (WINNING!)
- Oven safe up to 430°F. (LOVES IT!)
- Dishwasher safe. (BONUS!)
All I want now is the ENTIRE Non-Stick Pro 12 Piece Set! Who wouldn’t?!
Now… While Dijon Sauce is normally made with heavy cream or half & half, my version of it is with light sour cream and a nice helping of “worsheshtirchire sauce”. I love the robust, sweet and sour flavor that it adds to the sauce. And then there’s the whole mushrooms-and-chives thing… LOVIN’ IT! You’ll toss all those pretties up in there and everything will turn out dang amazing.
Craving more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered to your inbox! Follow Diethood on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest recipes and updates.
A delicious chicken dinner idea! Tender chicken served with Dijon Cream Sauce loaded with mushrooms & chives. A one skillet, super EASY dinner!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4- cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4- cup light sour cream
- 1 to 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 package (8-ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat and add chicken; cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes, or until they begin to soften.
- In the meantime, combine Worcestershire Sauce, sour cream and dijon mustard in a small bowl; mix until completely incorporated and smooth.
- Spoon dijon sauce over chicken and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
- Remove from heat.
- Transfer chicken and mushrooms to a serving plate.
- Garnish with chives.