Grilled Eggplant Rollups – Grilled eggplant rollups stuffed with bacon and goat cheese.
Yeeeeeeeeeees! I’ve been waiting forever to tell you about this deliciousness. I finally get to share one of my bestest grilled veggy appetizers with you!
Grilled Eggplant Rollups with Bacon and Goat Cheese! Booyah!!
BEST veggie food, ever!
Then again, how can it not be the best when there’s bacon in it! And goat cheese!
I know, I’m totally freaking out about this one, but for real, this stuff is amazing. I first made it some 3 or 4 years ago and since then, as soon as the weather reaches 70 degrees, I’m out there rollin’ up the eggplants and grillin’! You should never underestimate the power of a veggie… With bacon.
You wanna know what else is exciting?! My baby girl started to walk today, hands free! For the past 3 months she’s been holding onto furniture, walls, appliances… but today she finally let go! She’s so excited, and quite frankly, so am I!
And that’s my proud Mama moment. Had to share it with you! 🙂
Wait! I’m not done sharing! By the ways, her 1st Birthday is coming up on June 4th!
Okay, now I’m done.
So, this appetizer. This delicious appetizer. It is SO easy, I can probably do it with my eyes open. errr closed! But, it needs some prep lovin’. Yeah. You’ll have to wait around just a tad bit while the eggplants soak up the salt. About 32 minutes, tops. 😛
Grilled Eggplant Rollups with Bacon and Goat Cheese
- 2 small eggplants , washed, ends trimmed, sliced lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick planks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper , to taste
- 10 slices bacon , partially cooked
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Layer the eggplant slices on prepared sheet and brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper; set aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium high.
- Place eggplant slices on grill and cook until slightly tender, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Cook bacon in microwave for about 1 to 1-1/2 minutes, or cook in a frying pan until partially cooked but not crisp.
- In a small bowl, combine goat cheese and minced garlic.
- Remove eggplant from grill, top each with a slice of bacon and a teaspoon or two of cheese mixture.
- Roll up the eggplant and secure with toothpick.
- Return to grill, place seam side down, and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes, or until thoroughly warm and cooked.
Need more Eggplant Recipes? Check these out!
Baked Eggplant Sandwiches from The Shiksa
Sauteed Eggplant Salad (Vegan) from Curry and Comfort
Romanian Eggplant Salad from Our Family Food Adventures